Unwanted Guest

Layla was at work today finishing up the final documents for the current projects so she would have time to herself at home. Right when she was about to call it a day, her phone rang. She sighed before answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Poppy..."

Layla knew exactly who it was...

"No matter how many times you call, there is no one here with the name of Poppy..."

"I know you're Poppy."

"I'm not Poppy. How many times do I have to block your number?!"

"Just give me what you owe me and I'll leave you alone!"

"I don't know who the fuck you are, I don't know why the fuck you think I owe you a penny for someone who should [alt F4-] themselves, and I could give less of a damn if you get hit by a bus! Good day, sir!"

Layla closed her flip phone a little too hard... She had broken it...

"Mother fucker," she mumbled as she took her phone apart. "At least dis is fine... I guess..."

"The sim card?"

"Yes, P03. I'll be applyin' it to my new phone on da way 'ome..."

"Okay, but who was that?"

"No one inport'nt..."

"From how you acted, he sounded like he is..."

"Fine. He's a dipshit who thinks whatever was once my sister belongs to him... INCLUDING MY CURRENT THINGS LIKE MY COMPANY! It's like if you 'n' Fluffy bet cards an' 'e claims ya owe 'im your whole deck AND YOUR FACTORY!"

"#$%& that, I'd kill him if he tried anything like that. Wait, why don't you kill that guy?"

"It doesn't work dat way... If I did, I'd be arrested... I suppose it would roughly be like if Leo trapped you in a card again..."

"Who's Leo?"

"Right... Da woodcarver said she renembers dat Leshy's birth name is Leo, but not 'is last name... 'er named's Edith if ya care..."

"Why do people insist our names are different than what we have now?"

"Pardon?"

"It's been about... I think ten or so years? I've been keeping a log for every day since day one. I remember some of our minions referring to us by different names. Leo is one of them. I think Magnificus was called something like Mark?"

"Mark, Marcus, Marco, only one way ta find out I suppose... but do ya have logs of what your names could be?"

"Maybe... I'd have to check, but I lost my tablet..."

"Pity... Oh well... Ready ta go?"

"Sure."

Layla had put on her helmet and started her bike when she noticed a car with tinted windows in one of the parking spots.

"Motha fucka..."

"What?"

"See dat black car with tinted windas over yonder?"

"Yeah... What about it?"

"Dat's phone guy..."

"Son of a glitch, how do we get rid of him? Shot him?"

"Heh. No, but I like where your 'edz zat. Haha. Tell ya what, we'll play cat 'n' mouse, yeah? Lead 'im into a spot where 'e can't get, den get myself a new phone fer ya ta inhabit too. Sounds like a plan?"

"Chart a course to the nearest ADynamite?"

"After a bit a fun! Have fun pickin' some music if dat tickles your fancy~"

A wicked smile could be seen under Layla's helmet as she started the engine. Her heart was pumping as she sped through the city sending the phone guy through a wild goose chase for a while. There was even a moment where a gun was pulled out near the end, but no one was hurt, thankfully.

Layla had gone into an ally chuckling.

"Ya chose a good playlist, P03. Truly got my heart racin' an' I loved it."

"I mean, I just picked one at random and Dark Music kinda reminded me of Grimora. I'm sure she'd like some of them. Daughter does."

"She's listenin'?"

"Yeah. She sees what I see through my face."
The screen glitched out a bit.
"Layla? What happened? Wait, did he catch up and hit you!?"

"No... Dat's just me facepalmin' myself on the of bein' a dumbass... I fergot your face c'n show what camera you're viewing... I'm glad she likes the villain waltz music..."

"Enlighten me."

"What's dat?"

"You dance with your enemies?"

"I don't. Not anymore at least... Da point is dat dis playlist is dat de hero be dancin' with da villain an' dey were right da whole time. I just have dis because I love dark music like dis."

"You... love it?"

"Yeah. What's up?"

"Nothing. But you just passed ADynamite..."
Now Layla feels more like an idiot...
"I'll be back later. Try not to buy a shoe off of one of the employees while I'm gone, okay?"

"I don't like you right now, ya dat?"

"Hahaha, whatever you say, Layla."

While Layla went in to buy a new touch screen flip phone, P03 switched back to his world. Daughter was "sitting" across from him.

"I appreciate you showing me what you and mother see," she said. "Not to mention that the digital world on the other side seems quite fascinating."

"I'm sure I could make a better world, but it is still impressive that mere humans made a world like that. Layla may be a little weird, but she's surprisingly smart for her kind. I don't understand what it is she does that draws me to her, but I look forward to her visit..."

"Father? Is there something wrong? My sensors indicate that your head is getting warmer."

"Self-diagnosis: Initiating..."
3... 2... 1...
"Self-diagnosis: Complete. All systems are in stable condition... Okay, what the flying #$%&?"

"I strongly believe that mother's theory about you once being human is correct. However, I must ask what would happen to me if everyone else has some human origin and mother gets them and you out. Will I join you since I was born in this world or would I be left behind?"

P03 didn't think about that...

"We can only theorize things like that for the time being. Hopefully, we will get our answer soon... If it is the ladder, then I've enjoyed your company and teaching you how to battle, Daughter."

If P03 had a heart in his chest, it would've felt heavy right now. He did enjoy Daughter's company since she was born and even as animal cards. It's just that...

She kinda has a point...

If Layla were to get everyone out of the floppy disk, would Daughter be included in getting rid of the unspeakable on the floppy disk?

Would erasing everything include Daughter too?...

><><><

The story doesn't end here...

Word Count: 1100...