Family

I found out today that Leshy's camera takes the soul out of a body and places them in a card...

At first, I thought the bodies went POOF, but that's not the case...

I wish I knew why it was upside down, but oh well. You can see P03's head in the corner, Leshy's hand just peeking out on the floor I believe, and some parts of Magnificus sticking out here and there.

This also means that to the right of the new game thing is another pile of empty bodies deprived of life...

This just got even more freaky than I thought it would...

><><><

Normally, Layla would beat Grimora first and then Leshy, so she made a b-line to Grimora's after taking a small detour to collect the salmon card, the Kraken tentacle, and the clover.

Well, that is after she made a quick pit stop at the shroom guys.

"Hello, mushroom men... What be your names?" Layla asked.

"L-Luigi," said the larger head.

"Mario," said the smaller.

"Alright," she chuckled. Yes, Layla's smiling. "So... I saw dat dere WAS no Luke videos between den an' now. You warned me 'bout 'im missin', yes? How'd ya find dat out?"

"We... we've checked..."

"There's empty data where Luke's files should be."

"However... We found... one new thing..."

"You might not like it..."

Layla cocked an eyebrow.

"What is it? If I'mma free y'all, I need ta know what changed."

"B-but are you sure?"

"It's a little scary if you think about it..."

"For literal fuck's sake!" Layla said as she grabbed her pigtails tugging at them. "I already know dat dis be a cursed floppy disk! I already know I could get stuck in dere too! I already know dat somethin' terrible happened 'ere ish, but I'mma fix my father's wrongs if 'e truly DID do something wrong! Let me do my shit ta try an' fix it or die trying!"

Tears filled her eyes the more she thought about everyone being trapped for who knows how long. She wanted to help even if it was a risky game, but like...

Where would she even begin?...

"We can't promise... a-anything..."

"But we'll help you as much as we can."

"We... We require..."

"We require duplicates starting with the gravedigger."

"We'll give you... the key!..."