Chapter 6 - Going home

*********-----------------------***********

A/N – Starting with this chapter, I am going to insert some diary entries that Krist will earn. I did not put the date, so as not to get stuck in a very rigid chronology. Transcripts will always be in italics or bold.

*********-----------------------***********

Krist opened her eyes and looked around.

- Already awake? Singto asked when Krist turned to him.

- I was having another dream! Krist replied.

- I have a gift for you! Singto said, offering him a beautifully wrapped package.

- Oh! Thanks. What is that? Krist asked as slowly started to open the gift.

- Open it! Singto replied, with a smile on his face.

Inside the package was a beautiful diary. It was ornamented with a beautiful leather cover, where the letters K P were engraved in the center. At the top of the cover was an extra compartment where a pen was stored. The diary was made on beautiful soft paper.

- Dr Pete said that you could have some flashes or dreams of your memories, and that writing could help to better order your ideas and memories. Hope it helps you remember everything faster. Singto spoke as he continued to smile.

Krist's eyes began to water with the emotion that washed over him. Despite feeling confused and not remembering what had happened, he knew he was in the hospital because of an accident. Creating courage, he said:

- I was dreaming about Anong. She told me it was her time, not mine. Did She... die?

Singto just nodded as tears began to stream down Krist's face. After stopping crying, Krist said:

- Err... in the dream... err... she... also told me...... that... the baby... He lost his voice as tears began to wet his eyes again.

- Yes... the baby survived and is a girl. I am taking care of her until you fully recover. She is more beautiful and smarter every day. Do not worry you will meet her soon. Since we did not know what you would name her, and when the judge asked what we were going to call her, I thought of Myna's name. Singto replied knowing what he was going to ask. But we agreed, with the whole family, to call her other names like sweetie, princess, doll, kitten... We did not want her to get used to a name that we did not know would be permanent. We want you to feel free to make the changes you want. Complemented Singto.

- Thanks, but I think Myna is great! Krist replied. I see no reason to change. As we did not know the baby's gender, we always said that we would first look at her face to see what name matched her face.

- How long has it been?

- Almost ten months. Singto replied as Krist began to cry again.

...

XX/XX/XXXX

Today it is been three days since I woke up from the coma and "Shing" gave me you as a gift. Dr Pete said it would be good for me to write about my dreams, my flashes and my memories. Said it would help me organize my memories. As an adult I must learn to use a diary. It would even be funny if it were not tragic. I still cannot believe I slept for more than nine months and how many things I missed. Today I discovered something that made me sad: Anong died in the accident. I also learned that our daughter survived and "Shing" is taking care of her. Honestly, I do not know how someone who is been through what I have been through can find themselves lucky, but I think we were very lucky that the accident happened near here and that we fell into the hands of such good and competent people. I cannot wait to meet my daughter. We are waiting for the test results so I can go "home"... tears roll down my face.... we came here looking for a new start and I will be going to a house that is not mine and with a future that was not planned...

...

While Krist was in the hospital, Singto spent most of the time by his side, supporting him. When he had to go out to solve something, he always asked someone to take his place. He did not want Krist to feel lonely after everything he had been through. He still felt tired and sometimes confused, which was more than normal for someone who had spent nine months in a coma. After a few more days of tests and expectations, the results showed that Krist had woken up from her coma without any serious neurological or physical problems. The confusions he felt would lessen with time. Dr Pete also said that all the physical therapy work that Singto had done during the coma period had greatly diminished the sequelae in his muscles. However, even with constant physiotherapy, his body still showed a great loss of muscle mass. It would be enough to be patient and follow the medical prescription for him to fully recover. Once again Dr Pete trusted and supported Singto to take care of his patient. Finally, almost ten months after the accident, Krist was heading home, even though he knew he still had a long period of fighting ahead of him until he was fully recovered.

...

XX/XX/XXXX

Every time I sleep or close my eyes, I keep having dreams and flashes about that little room, about the girl and the sound of wings. I do not have the courage to tell Dr Pete or "Shing" everything, I am afraid they think I am going crazy. But I perfectly remember those wings passing over the bedroom window and Myna's face. I remember when she pushed me through the door for me to find the angel. Did I go crazy?

...

The house was once again adapted to receive a new resident. Singto prepared a room with every need Krist could have, from bed to equipment. In addition to wanting to make him as comfortable as possible, he also wanted to facilitate his access to the equipment needed for his daily exercises, at least at the beginning of the treatment, while he strengthened himself enough, without having to go back and forth to the clinic.

As they entered the house, with Singto pushing his wheelchair, Krist was greeted by Singto's parents and his daughter, who was in Mrs Marila's arms. The girl was placed on his lap after he was accommodated on the sofa in the living room. Emotion washed over Krist again, bringing him to tears. After waking up from the coma, it was the first time he was seeing and holding his daughter. While trying to control her emotions, Krist began to speak:

- I wanted to say thanks for everything you are doing for me. Going to tears once more.

- Thank you, Mr and Mrs Prachaya! Thank you "Shing". He spoke as continues to cry.

- Please, call us mom and dad, said Mrs Marila. After all, in a little while your little girl will be running around here and calling us grandpa and grandma, so we can consider you our son too! Mrs Marila continued with a big smile on her face, coming closer and giving him a kiss on the head as she enveloped him in a warm hug.

- So... thank you dad, mom and "Shing". He said it again, this time mixing the crying with a smile.

A whirlwind of emotions ran through his head: sadness, joy, gratitude, worry... As if he knew what Krist was thinking, Singto squeezed her shoulder and told him not to worry about anything, everything would be fine.

...

XX/XX/XXXX

Today I was discharged from the hospital and met Myna, my daughter. The same name as the girl who visited me in the room and who was with Anong. I think even in a coma I must have heard them saying her name and, in my unconscious, I keep mixing reality and fantasy. "Shing's" parents asked me to call them Dad and Mom. The emotion was huge. I couldn't hold back my tears. I think I really am a lucky person. Someday I tell them that I never had a father and my mother died too young, which made me raised in an orphanage.