Chapter 11 - Other Discoveries

Time passed quickly. Krist's recovery was impressive. It would soon be a year and a half since the accident and he had already managed to get rid of his crutches. That weekend, Singto announced that it would be his little sister's birthday and that he was going to the cemetery to put flowers. He asked if Krist would like to join him. He could meet his sister and enjoy visiting Anong's grave. Krist accepted the invitation immediately.

With everything arranged, early on Saturday morning, Mrs Marila arrived to stay with Myna. She had two bouquets of roses, one for her daughter and one for Anong. The first one she handed to Singto while saying:

- This one is for your sister. Tell her we miss her every day. Then she turned to Krist and handed him the second bouquet as she spoke:

- This one is for your Anong. Please tell her to be calm. That you and Myna are part of a new family. Who loves you very much and will always do everything possible to be happy. As she finished speaking, noticing how Krist's eyes filled with tears, she pulled him into a hug and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

- Now let's not be sad. I want to know where grandma's little princess is? Mrs Marila spoke with a huge smile on her face.

- MYNA! Grandma has arrived, my love! Shouted Mrs Marila and went into the house in search of her granddaughter, leaving the two men with a smile plastered on their faces.

The way to the cemetery was silent and peaceful. Singto knew that after such a long time, many things were going on in Krist's mind and he did not want to disturb this moment.

Before entering the cemetery, Singto stopped at a flower shop. Despite bringing the bouquets his mother had bought, he wanted to buy a small arrangement of white lilies for Anong. Krist had previously said that they were her favorite flowers and he would like to pay a special tribute to her.

When they reached the area that belonged to the Prachaya family, Singto showed him where Anong's headstone was. He knew Krist needed to be alone for a moment. So, he told would leave him alone for a while and then they would go together to his sister's grave, then walking away.

Krist knelt in front of Anong's grave and then placed the bunch of flowers on the headstone, before starting to talk to her.

- Hi, Anong. It's been a while, right? I could not come earlier because I was still recovering. It was my new mother who sent you these flowers. She said you are supposed to be reassured that they will take good care of me and Myna. So, our daughter is called Myna. She is a very smart girl and is getting more beautiful every day. Please, forgive me that I could not save you! He finished speaking with his voice already cracking, before breaking down into a very heartfelt cry.

Upon seeing Krist cry, Singto immediately came over to lend his support and, without even saying a word, put a hand on his shoulder to let him know he was not alone. Waited as long as Krist needed to cry his sorrows and hurts. When Krist stopped crying and got up, he just looked at Singto and thanked him. Singto said that he also had something to talk to Anong and asked to be alone with her for a while. As soon as Krist pulled back a little, Singto put on the lily arrangement he brought her and started talking:

- I chose these lilies for you. I know they are your favorites because Krist told me. I am really sad about everything that happened. I really wish our lives had been different, but I want you to know that I love Myna so much. I treat her like my daughter and would give my life for her. I also love Krist very much and I want you to know that if there is any chance between us, I will do my best to make him happier. Please, wherever you are, be at peace. I promise you that we will do our best for your family.