Chapter 10 - Discoveries

Krist's exercise routine continued and was quite strenuous. At no time did Singto ease or slow down. The effects of all the work were visible. With each passing day, Krist improved more and more. Despite still using his wheelchair to get around in some places, he was able to stand up and walk alone with the help of crutches only.

That weekend, Singto invited Krist to visit a very special place for him and said he wanted to introduce someone very important. Memories of P'Prae talking about Fiat came to his mind, making him quite uncomfortable. But there was no way to say no to the invitation, after all Singto had done for him.

As Singto drove the car, Krist's mind wandered through countless scenarios: where they were going, who he was going to meet, why this person was so important, why he felt so uncomfortable. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he did not realize they were stopped until the door beside him opened and Singto tapped him on the shoulder, startling him and making him scream. Which made Singto laugh.

After helping Krist out of the car and get organized with crutches, Singto removed Myna from her car seat, which was accommodated in the back seat, and only then went inside the building that was in front of them.

The three were greeted by Patty, who ran towards the three when she saw them entering.

...

- P'Singto. How much time! Patty spoke with a happy smile on her face. Is this Myna? How she grew up! She continued talking without allowing anyone to respond as she pulled the girl from Singto's arms.

- Patty, this is my friend Krist! Singto spoke introducing the two.

- So, this is the famous Krist. Nice to meet you Krist, I am Patty.

- Nice to meet you, Patty. Krist replied, smiling shyly as her thoughts raced a mile a minute, now wondering how this girl knew Myna.

- There is someone who will die of happiness when they see you. Patty said looking at Singto, leaving Krist with a feeling of nausea that he could not control.

As they talked, Krist noticed a handsome man approaching, with a physical build that most men would envy. He was approaching with a huge smile on his face as he looked at Singto. As the man approached, he opened his arms, pulling Singto into a tight hug, making Krist feel emotions he himself didn't know about. The longer he stayed there, the more he felt like running away from that place.

- Singto Prachaya, the next time you go so long without showing up here, we are in serious trouble! Said the man, frowning as if he was angry. Leading Singto to smile openly as he replied:

- I promise that it won't take me long to return. Our lives are starting to normalize and I think we will have more time to visit you again.

As he listened to Singto respond, the man turned to Krist and said:

- And you must be the famous Krist, am I right? The man asked making Krist shy before answering.

- Yes. I am Krist Perawat. Nice to meet you! Krist spoke.

- Nice to meet you, Krist. My name is Tew. I have been a great friend of Singto's since our high school days. If you want to know any secrets about him, you can come to me later. He spoke smiling, making Singto smile and shake his head. Turning to Patty he continued:

- Does Fiat know he is here?

- Not yet. Patty replied with a smile on her face.

As he took Myna from Patty's arms, Tew said:

- What are you waiting to go call him? Asked Tew.

- Not yet! Singto asked, leaving Krist saddened and increasingly nauseous. A thousand things went through his head. All those people he did not know, and they all knew Myna and knew who he was. Why did not Singto want to introduce him to Fiat?