Chapter 13 - Normal Life (Attempt 2)

That weekend, Singto did not come home or answer Krist's calls. On Monday he also failed to attend the clinic. He just called saying he would take a few days off and that his queries would be passed on to other professionals. Even though he did not want to involve his mother in his problems, Krist had no choice but to call her when, a week later, he still had no news or any contact from Singto. He desperately needed her support.

When Mrs Marila arrived at Krist's house, she found the man incredibly dejected. With deep dark circles, red and puffy eyes, besides having lost a lot of weight. If she did not know him, she would be able to tell he had been in an accident or was very sick. The suffering Krist was going through was visible. She walked over to him pulling him into a hug, which made him cry even harder.

- Shhhh! Do not cry, my son. It is gonna be okay! Said Mrs Marila as she rubbed Krist's back in an attempt to comfort him.

- He hates me. He does not answer my calls or answer my messages. Krist said, trying to control his crying.

- He is hurt! He just needs a little time. Mrs Marila spoke.

- Hurt? Did he say what happened? Krist asked.

- Yes, he did. Replied Mrs Marila.

- Did he also say what he said to me? Wanted to know Krist. Or does he think his words did not hurt me?

- I said you should talk, but he is very upset. Said Mrs Marila.

- And are you okay with that? Krist asked.

- With you two fights? Of course not! Mrs Marila replied in a very angry voice.

- Not with the fight. Krist spoke shyly, his gaze turned to the floor.

- Ah... of you becoming a couple? Of course I am fine. I do not think Singto could like anyone better than you. But, let's be honest, Krist, no one makes a declaration of love saying they want to show gratitude!

- No, mother! He got it all wrong. Of course I am grateful. I am grateful for everything! I am grateful that he took over Myna, I am grateful that he took care of me, but mostly that he was patient in waiting for me to fall in love with him, never asking for anything in return. He did not even give me a chance to finish what I was talking about. He only attacked me with words. When he insinuated that I wanted to sleep with him as payment, just to be grateful for what he did for me, he compared me to a whore. I would never do that, especially with someone like him. Krist finished speaking, already crying again.

- Oh, my baby! Said Mrs Marila, giving Krist another hug and realizing how unfair Singto was when he rushed into his judgment.

- Mom, can you help me with something? Krist asked.

- Of course, my dear. Whatever you want! His mother replied.

...

When Mrs Marila arrived home with Myna, Mr Krekkay and Singto ran to hug the girl. Sarcastically, Singto asked:

- Did he let you bring Myna? I thought he was going to use her to want to talk to me.

- Not! It was quite different from that! He said he would never separate Myna from us. He even said that if you want you can go back to your house. Said Mrs Marila throwing the house key to Singto.

- What is it? Asked Singto.

- Do you no longer recognize your house key? I did not think it had been so long that you did not recognize the key to your house anymore. His mother replied.

- I know it is the house key, but why are you giving it back to me? Singto questioned as he looked at his mother questioningly.

- Simply because Krist won't need her anymore. He's leaving Phuket. I dropped him off at the airport. His mother replied.