Insecurities

Ignore the mistakes please kekskske and enjoy reading!!

⋆═══════ ⌜♡⌟ ═══════⋆

Jungkook has insecurities. He gets insecure alot, about lot of things but he also has Taehyung to reassure him. Yes Kim Taehyung, he's beautiful boyfriend who he loves with his whole heart. Kim Taehyung who is now talking to his friend Bogum while smiling like he always does. Now see Jungkook doesn't care okay but he can't help it when the said friend has a crush on his boyfriend.

Still it doesn't exactly matter because he knows at the end of the day Taehyung is his. It's okay. Well not until he hears "Why don't you date me instead Taehyung? I can treat you much better than Jeon." Okay that, he wasn't ready for that. That hurts. Those negative thoughts clouding his thoughts again so he does what comes to his mind first. He runs.

Entering their shared apartment, Jungkook closes the door and moves towards their bedroom. He throws his bag aside and settles on the bed with his head in his hands. 'I can treat you much better than Jeon' the words keep playing in his mind again and again.

Jungkook thinks and...thinks. isn't he right though? It's almost been 3 years in their relationship but he still has those insecurities. Jungkook knows he is happy but is Taehyung happy? Even though they have been dating for 3 years Jungkook knows he rarely shows any affectionate compared to Taehyung but the latter always said he's okay with that and smiles.

Yes they share kisses and cuddles, have dates which includes dinner and movie night at their house because Jungkook is not exactly comfortable with having dates outside, they even have had sex but Jungkook thinks it's not enough even tho his boyfriend says otherwise.

Now you can't blame him he has the habit of overthinking about stuff a lot plus you see Jungkook wasn't like this always but his life took a drastic change few years back which had made him the way he is now. The once happy and lovely boy had changed to a whole different guy who rarely smiles and can't be affectionate to someone. Who's always hard on himself.

Though Taehyung did manage to crack him a bit and he's thankful for that but he thinks, is Taehyung truly happy? Does he really deserve Taehyung and his love for him? He stays sitting there thinking. After around 20 minutes he hears someone entering the room.

Jungkook looks up to see his boyfriend pouting. Taehyung walks towards him and takes his place in front of him. "Jungkookie are you okay? You didn't wait for me today..." How can Jungkook forget that. He always waits for Taehyung so they can walk home together but today...

"I'm so sorry Tae I just-" He's interrupted by the hands on his cheeks then his forehead. "You don't seem to have fever baby- do you have a sick stomach or something? Should we go to the doctor?" Jungkook literally melts at that. He really doesn't deserve Taehyung does he. "Tae, babe I'm fine"

Taehyung looks at him before cupping his face. "Are you feeling like that again Jeongguk?" He knows. Taehyung is always able to read him like an open book so Jeongguk just sighs and nods his head. "Okay then tell me what happened from the beginning."

"Its nothing just the same old-" "Jeongguk." "I saw you talking with Bogum." Jeongguk looks at Taehyung before continuing. "And I also heard him say that he can treat you better than me and I think, he's right...you deserve better..." Silence. Okay maybe saying that wasn't the best idea.

He looked up again only to see Taehyung glaring at him. Other time he'd have found it adorable but he knows his boyfriend is serious. "Aha right...?" "Jeon Jungkook I want to choke you but definitely not in a kinky way." Yeah bad idea. "Babe listen-" "No Jeongguk you listen! First of all, who told you it was right to decide what I deserve and what not??" Jeongguk feels guilty now. Even though Taehyung was mad he could hear a bit of hurt in his voice. "I- I'm sorry Tae...."

"No wait let me speak!" Before he could even say something, Taehyung straddled him and settled on his lap. Jeongguk's hands immediately wrapped around the latter's waist, hugging him tightly while resting his head on his chest. He feels hands playing with his hair and massaging his head.

"You know, when I approached the first time, I did it for a reason. I wanted to get to know you.Everyone kept talking about how Jeon Jeongguk is scary and he's rude but I wanted to see it for myself. I mean when I did come to you, you weren't exactly happy it showed. You were always so hesitant in the beginning but as the time went by, you started opening up more. You met the hyungs who were already smitten for you at the first meet."

Jeongguk looks up and scrunches and smiles widely when Taehyung boops their nose together. "You try to look all cold and intimidating but inside it's just a shy boy who's ears get red when complimented and covers them when nervous or excited, who cries while watching romantic or sad movies, who is scared of microwave, loves banana milk, who has a smile like a bunny- a big bunny with muscles yes!!"

"And I fell for him, I fell in love with him. And you think you don't deserve me? You don't make me happy? You aren't affectionate? No you are wrong. I'm the happiest with you. Just watching a movie and cuddling with you makes me feel so happy and safe. Also, you think I don't know you staring at me while I'm not looking." Jeongguk blushes.

"Even the hyungs have seen and they have pictures too. At night when we are sleeping, you keep staring at me then smile before kissing the moles on my face and then cuddle me close, wrapping your arms around me" "You are a-awake?" "Uh huh" Jeongguk is sure he looks like a tomato now.

"And there's so much more. Calling me the most beautiful man you've ever seen-" "BECAUSE YOU ARE!!" It was Taehyung's turn to get shy. "Don't distract me shush. Bringing me a bouquet of tulips every week during our date night which you make sure that I keep them in the vase. And maybe you don't say I love you back to me everytime when I say it but you smiling at me softly and pecking my lips is enough for me to know that you do."

"And you know Jeonggukkie, it means alot to me, I feel so so loved" Taehyung cups Jeongguk's face again who's now crying. He gently wipes the tears, caressing his cheeks before pressing a long kiss on his forehead. The latter closes his eyes.

They stay like that for a moment till Taehyung pulls away. "You mean the world to me baby and you deserve me, my love. So Jeongguk, never ever say you don't or I swear next time I'm gonna get very mad and I won't talk to you." his boyfriend let's out a teary giggle which automatically has Taehyung smiling. "You didn't even wait for me or you would have seen me slapping Bogum and maybe not just once also maybe not just a slap"

"Tae-" Jeongguk's eyes widen in shock. "What? No one talks shit about my boyfriend and get away with it." God Jeongguk is so in love with this man. "I love you Taehyung" And damn the smile, he'd do anything to see that smile everyday for his entire life. "I love you more" "Are we really doing that now? Me moreeeee!!" "Hehe you are so cute Jeonggukkie but me more" "Okay fine" He's whipped okay.

Jeongguk moves his hand to caress Taehyung's cheeks who just looks at him fondly. "Thank you for everything Taehyung, I mean it. I'm really happy and lucky to have you in my life." "I'm lucky to have you too baby. And no thanking me, didn't I promise I'll always be here for you no matter what" Yeah Jeongguk truly is the luckiest man.

He hums. They go back to their first position again, him hugging Taehyung while resting his head on his chest while the latter holds him close, playing with his hair. They don't need to speak, the silence says alot. Here Jeongguk is, in the arms of the who he loves and who loves him, his home, his safe place♡

•°•*♡*•°•

I had posted this on IG months back and I forgot to post it here🥲 Anyways- Hope y'all liked it!! Thank you for reading<3 Have a good day/night🤍