0

I first saw digimon through a card game the other kids were playing at school. Dad never really liked little kid card games, so I stayed away from them as I was raised to be mature and smart. A terrible saying for a kid to take from their parents, but that was just Dad's attitude.

But then, I watched a kid win a huge digimon card game tournament, and that's when I saw so many kids having fun. So, I decided to ask my parents for a digimon card game set. My mom was excited for me getting into something that kids my age were playing, in hopes that I would break out of my shell and make new friends. You know, be an actual kid.

Dad however wasn't exactly happy about my request saying, and I quote "Games like that are for little kids with nothing better to do." 

Not to mention my siblings making fun of me more than they already do.

I figured that was the end of my 'childish' requests, that is until the upcoming Christmas. When I opened up one of my presents, I was so excited to see that it was Digimon card game deck and a card reader. Of course, it didn't come from Dad or one of my siblings, so I thanked my mom over and over again and immediately ran to go play with my new cards.

I figured out almost everything about the game by the time the New Year rolled around. But that wasn't just the beginning of a new year, it was the beginning of a brand new adventure for me.

I was asleep when I heard something shrieking by my bed. When I woke up and looked over at my bedside table, I saw my card reader glowing and transform into something really weird. And that's not all, when my computer started glowing, something came out of it. It floated to my bedroom floor and the glow just disappeared from the computer. 

I picked up my transformed card reader and gave it a look over. Just then, I saw what had fell to my floor. It was a strange creature that kinda resembles a white tiger, but it was all black with only one white stripe down the middle of her its back and down its forehead and a pair of white wings with black tips.

She yawned, stretching like a big kitten and opening her big lavender eyes. I was surprised to see her on the floor, but even more surprised when she smiled and jumped into my arms, cuddling and purring as I held her.

"Hi there!" It said, snuggling deeper into my arms, "My name is Aifemon, and I'm your partner, Naysa! It's nice to meet you!" 

I couldn't help but stare at this creature in my arms. My very own digimon? It was too good to be true. I asked her so many questions about herself, and she told me all about the digital world where she came from.

But then, not even a month after I got Aifemon, something else appeared from my computer, and I had a really weird dream.

There were several voices calling out to me.

"Are you prepared to take the responsibility of saving your world and ours?" They asked me, then showed me images of a broken world and people screaming for the danger to pass.

I never wanted people to suffer, so I said yes. When I woke up, I found a watch on my wrist and my body covered with a pure white cloak. But that was just the beginning of my surprises

~~~~~

I came home early from exploring our new neighborhood, my brothers and sisters hanging out in the living room doing their homework, or in the case of my eldest sister, jabbering on the phone since she crawled through the door. My mom was in the kitchen cooking dinner while dad was at the kitchen table taking a business call.

I went to my room where Aifemon was, sitting on my bed like a stuffie to fool my siblings if they went into my room.

"Ai, I'm home!" I called out, softly so no one could hear me talking to her. She jumped up into my arms and purred, "Were you good while I was gone?"

She nodded, "I was a stuffie for most of the day, but I left the room once I was sure I was alone. By the way, better avoid your sister, Cami. She's in a really bad mood."

"Why's that? Were you spying again?" I asked, knowing that was one of the things Aifemon loved to do the most. In a way, her knowing things about my family helped me help them. 

One time, she told me that my brother, Kotoro, was freaking out because he had lost his ticket for a concert he was excited to go to the next day. The next day, while he was sulking, I found it in my big sister Hana's room. She was on her bed bragging about how she was going to go to a sold out concert. I confronted her and she said not to say a word. So I didn't. I just snuck the ticket back into Kotoro's bag. He found it and Hana ratted herself out by mistake.

Honestly, it was funny to watch Mom ground her for a week for stealing our brother's ticket. Kotoro went and had a fun time Hana shouted at me for what felt like hours. I don't regret it, though. It was the better thing to do.

"Well, Cami was screaming to her friend over the phone about this girl Kaede spreading a rumor about her and her boyfriend having issues. She's in a really bad mood." Aifemon told me.

I sighed and gently stroked her white fur, "Why can't Kaede understand that Shiro doesn't like her and loves Cami?"

"I don't know. Human hearts are so complicated."

"Ha! And your's isn't?" I chuckled. She purred in my lap.

"Well, the only human heart I need to understand is yours, My Lady."

I smiled and hugged her tightly, my best and at the moment, my only friend. Suddenly, I felt my heart jump in my chest and my digimon's fur stood on end.

I looked down at my watch and glared at the data, "Another digimon running wild?"

"That's right." Aifemon answered, "We should go."

I nodded, grabbing my cloak, my Digivice and running out of the house with Aifemon in my arms.

"Where do you think you're going, weirdo?" My older sister, Tiani, asked.

"I'm going on a run around the neighborhood. I'll be back before dinner." I shouted, and left before anyone could ask me anything else. Not that they would. The youngest only gets attention from the mother. Sad but true.

We ran as far as we could until we could see the fog. My heart felt even more heavy and thumped hard against my chest.

"Ready, My Lady?" Aifemon asked as I pulled my hood over my head and summoned my staff. As soon as my fingers touched the cool metal of the staff, my clothes faded and transformed into my uniform complete with mask.

"Let's do it, Ai."

This is our story, the beginning of our digimon adventure.