6

Naysa was sitting at her computer, searching through all the data she had collected from Yamaki's corporation in order to find specific information. She could feel it in her chest that something was happening to the digimon in the real world, and even Aifemon could feel it.

Her digimon jumped onto her lap and looked at the computer screen with calculating eyes.

"Have you found anything yet, Milady?" Aifemon asked.

Naysa shook her head, "No, not yet, but I'm pretty close. Take a look at this."

Naysa quickly pulled up a scan of the city, each building having a data marker on it that she placed somewhere on the outskirts of the building while she was on a late night patrol. The markers were encrypted with a code that only she could break, so even if someone did find those markers, they wouldn't be able to trace them back to her.

Not only did those markers pinpoint places in the city, but they also tracked digital bio-emergence readings. And from the past couple of days, those readings had gone through the roof.

"These readings are crazy, Aifemon. Something really big is gonna happen soon, and I don't think I wanna find out what it is." 

"Do you think it has something to do with Yamaki again?"

"I don't have a single doubt." Naysa sighed and leaned back into her chair, "That man's been after me and all the digimon in the real world ever since he began to think that digimon are 'dangerous' beings. I just wish he wouldn't be so stubborn about this and listen to me."

Aifemon purred and rubbed her head on Naysa's chest, "Don't worry, Milady. One day we'll get through to Yamaki."

"Let's hope that day comes soon before these readings become even more of a problem." Naysa picked up her digimon and lay her in bed before going to sleep, uneasy about what might happen the following days.

~~~~~

The next day, Naysa was walking down the halls of school just to get to her locker, when she heard Henry and Takato talking. She hid behind the corner and listened in.

"...we were just walking, and then, I don't know. It was like half of him was there and the other half was starting to be rubbed out by an erasure." Takato said.

"Well, digimon aren't from this world. Maybe some of them can't survive long here and they get pulled back into their world, or something like that." Henry hypothesized, "Or maybe our world eliminates them like the body gets rid of a virus."

Naysa's breath hitched at the idea. She knew that the digimon weren't of the real world, and that eventually they would have to go back to the digital world, but a digimon wouldn't just disappear like that without setting off her data markers. No, there had to be some other reason for that happening to Guilmon. Naysa quickly took out her digivice, making sure that no one else was watching, and sent a message to Aifemon in her room, telling her to meet with her after school near the park.

She was going to figure this out before anyone has to lose their partner without a proper farewell.

"But Guilmon just got here, I don't want him to disappear. He just can't go back to the other side." Takato said sadly.

"Momentai." Terriermon said on Henry's shoulder, "The world I'm from. The world you're from. They're really both the same if you really think about it."

"Yeah, thanks professor, but I want him here." 

"That may not be possible, Takato."

"Huh? What are you saying, Henry? Do you know something? Tell me."