1

The human world was quiet and peaceful, the people going along with their everyday lives as if nothing could possibly go wrong. But one man was being challenged beyond his patience. He stood in a room filled with computers screens and some of the best digital experts and hackers Japan could offer for him, but he still couldn't figure out the answer to his never-ending problem: digimon.

Digital Monsters, or Digimon as they were more commonly called, were creatures that lurked in the depths of the digital world. Though they were a concept for a card game made for children, they were real live creatures, and somehow, they were crossing into the real world. This is what this man was trying to put an end to.

Mistuo Yamaki, a man of science and being a big pain in the butt. Although, there was one person that was an even bigger pain in the butt, the enemy of his entire operation.

"Have you tracked down the problem yet?" Yamaki shouted in frustration.

"Nothing yet, sir!" A long red haired woman announced.

"There's just no telling where this guy is coming from." A short blonde woman added.

Yamaki grit his teeth in anger and frustration. Just then, the entire room heard light laughter coming from the screens. Their data vanished from the screens and were replaced by a smiling figure wearing a white hood shielding their face from view.

"Have you not learned your lesson, Mr. Yamaki?" The stranger asked, their voice camouflaged by a voice manipulation program that none of the hackers and scientists could trace. Whoever this white clad stranger is, they were a master hacker.

"I keep telling you to stay away from the digimon. And yet, you continue to go against my warnings. I would've believed that a man as intelligent as you would understand where and where to stop on this mission to eradicate them."

Yamaki clenched the lighter in his hand tightly, "I won't stop until these dangerous monsters are destroyed and the city is safe."

"Creatures will retaliate if they see things as a threat. The more you fight back, the more they will continue to rampage. Perhaps you should leave these creatures to those who understand how they work and know how to control them. Shut down your mission and I will personally aid you in keeping the digimon from the real world."

"I don't need help from the likes of you!" He shouted, "If you know so much about these creatures, work for us and help us destroy them."

"I can't do that, Yamaki." The stranger answered immediately, "It is my duty to protect these creatures. And since you are threatening them, it is my job to keep you from destroying them. I am giving you one final warning to keep from destroying my friends. Take another life of an innocent digimon, and I will have no choice to attack your entire operation. You understand that I am capable of doing so with a single press of a button. This is your final warning from D-M."

Yamaki was ready to get rid of this nuisance, if only he knew where this hacker was. The screens went dark and their data appeared again, but mass amounts of it were gone, wiped completely from their computers never to be seen or regained again.

"Sir, we lost them." One of the scientists said.

"Who is this person?" Yamaki demanded, but no one had an answer.

They did have one name for this stranger. D-M. That was all they called themselves. They appeared many times before, when the first Digimon came to the real world through a digital field. When Yamaki tried to destroy his first digimon, D-M stopped him from doing so, warning him that if he continued doing so, D-M would continue to hack into their systems and steal bits of their research data.