8

"Tell him I-love-you as much as you want, that's part of your job description. And don't worry, he won't fall for you."

"He never fall in love with any of the Scarletts?"

"Nope. Every time we have a new Scarlett he has no problem to switch them up."

"You mean he currently has a Scarlett? Like right-now?"

"Her contract will be terminated just before yours is activated, as in your first day with him."

"What? I thought you said he's nice?"

"He is. But this is a business transaction. If we have a new product, of course he wants the latest version."

"So we're like iPhones? To be changed every time a new one is available? He's a jerk alright."

But when he said I love you just now, he doesn't seem like he's lying. Like he's not the jerk I thought he is.

"I love you too, Honey." I reply sweetly, silently knocking my head to remind me that I'm on the clock. He said I love you to Scarlett, not me.

***

I survived my first time going out in a skirt because the last time I remember wearing one was during high school, when I was eighteen and still had no clue what practicing Islam really meant.

Though this sheer black pantyhose doesn't actually let my legs to be fully shown to the world so I still feel covered, somehow. As for my blonde hair, I've gotten used to letting it out because I always remove my hijab whenever I train with Drey.

"Scarlett will always have her hair neatly tucked in a bun whenever she goes to work so remember, never, ever, go to work, without putting your hair in a bun." Hence this updo because my first scene with him today is set to be the one when Scarlett comes home from work at 7pm.

And now we're done with the dinner, on our way back to the penthouse for the nerve wrecking kiss on the cheek.

"Tomorrow's Friday," his deep voice breaks the silence as we climb the stairs, "Should we have dinner at your second favorite place?"

Scarlett's second favorite place is this one restaurant owned by his friend, who's also the personal chef I've mentioned before. They serve seven course fixed meal every Friday night but you've gotta book like six months earlier to get a table. So of courseeee I wanna eat there!

"Okay," I reply as composed as I can muster despite my excitement. Both of us turn to the right, into the direction of my room. His is on the left wing.

"Alright, I'll have Anna book it for tomorrow." Yippieee!

"Goodnight, B," he tells me softly once we're in front of a door. I assume this is my bedroom since this is the only door I see.

"Goodnight Honey," I smile at him when I reply with the same tone. We stand rigidly at the same spot, facing each other without him showing even a gesture that he'll be coming my way for the goodnight kiss. Uhh okay. So I have to initiate it? Or just wait in case he wants to talk more?

"I'll see you tomorrow," we have another two months and 29 days to talk more so I tip-toe to reach for his cheek. It's annoying that I still have to do this even with the four inch high heels. Imagine how it will be like if I'm without the assistance of these feet-killing monsters.

Thankfully he understands my struggle and leans in to cooperate in making our goodnight kiss a success. Well, not exactly a kiss but just a peck on the cheek.

The stubble on his cheek makes me feel like I'm kissing a sand paper, and when I pull back I've already planned that tomorrow's morning kiss would be one that will land on the spot where he doesn't have stubble on, just a little bit higher on the cheekbone.

"Love you," he murmurs behind my back when I've already cracked the door open so I turn to him and force a smile despite my urge to want this to just end already, "Love you too Honey."

Then he finally walks straight to his bedroom on the other wing of this floor.

***

"Doesn't matter if there's an earthquake or the world is ending, you will put a cup of coffee on the breakfast bar at 7am on the dot. You will wait for him to show up, wait for him to finish his coffee, and walk him to the elevator, then give him a goodbye kiss before he leaves the house."

I did as commanded by my trainer; got up at 6am, dress myself in Scarlett's choice of clothes when she meets her husband in the morning -it's this classic floor-length silk nightgown with a deep neckline that Thank God it comes with a matching robe to hide my chest- , prepare the coffee according to the given recipe, and now at 6.57am on the dot, I'm waiting for him to appear.

Have I mentioned how many times I've made the coffee this morning? Because according to Drey, make it till you're certain it tastes right, even if it's just a simple coffee with two sugar and no cream. Make sure it tastes right.

"Good morning, Honey," I greet my fake husband slash sugar daddy slash employer the moment I see him going down the stairs.

As expected, he's dressed in another tailor-made suit with his light brown hair styled exactly the same as last night. His stubbles are still there making him look effortlessly sexy.

"Morning B," he finally replies me when he's in front of me, leaning in for a kiss. It was awkward for a moment, because I'm supposed to just give him a kiss when he's at the door, not now.

But I put my lips on his stubble anyway, and regret it instantly. Why didn't I kiss him higher on the cheekbone. Urgh.

I tighten my lace silk robe to ensure my body is fully covered while he sits on a bar stool, facing the cup of coffee I put there. "No matter what happens, always, always serve him coffee in a cup. Not a mug, or a glass, always a cup." Urgh, Drey's voice is haunting me!

"You'll be going to work today, hmm?" He asks while taking the cup to his lips.

I nod as I watch him sip on the drink, "Yeah."

"I'll get Roy to come back after he sends me."

"Oh no no, it's okay, you don't have to ask him to come back. I can manage." Nooo, do not send him over. Because I've already planned how this morning is going to be.

"I won't be needing him. My office is just-" I stop remembering I'm about to reveal my workplace. Thank God I managed to recover Scarlett back into my brain.

"I'll be meeting a client nearby so I won't be needing him. It's okay, Honey." Vague answer, remember?

"Hmm alright then."

I exhale in relief hearing him letting it go. I'm a big believer in following a schedule so when things don't flow accordingly, I'd get upset and become clumsy; I don't operate well under stress. Good thing I'm back on the plan.

"Alright, I'm going now," he announces as he gets up from the stool. I hurriedly rush towards him so we can walk together to the elevator.

"See you tonight," he says while pushing the tiny button on the wall to call for the elevator.

"Okay," I'm already tip-toeing like a kid trying to reach a tall branch when he chuckles and gives his cheek to me.

It definitely feels like an achievement because I remember to aim higher this time, kissing his soft skin instead of the sand paper stubble.

"Bye B," he says as he steps into the elevator, "Love you."

"Love you too Honey. Bye."