Chapter Fourteen: Biscuits and Chimneys

The meeting went as planned for the most part.

Though it took a fair bit of convincing, eventually, everyone who wanted to join had signed their signature on the papers.

Even Cho Chang - bleh.

It was hard to ignore her when she had come up to Harry - in turn Anna - every five seconds, making googly eyes at him that made Anna seriously want to shove her head in the chamber pot.

She shacks up with Cedric and now my brother? Seriously?

And so, following these events, Anna now sat by herself in a small cafe in Hogsmeade - sulking as she sipped half-heartedly at her tea and took her 14th biscuit from the basket.

Happy Birthday to me.

To be fair, it wasn’t like she was expecting anything. Harry never celebrated his birthday with the Dursleys, so she doubted he even knew you were supposed to celebrate them. And none of her other friends even knew the day she was born, so it usually ended up being just her, eating her age in cookies every year.

I wonder what I’d do for my 30th birthday - if I even get there. Anna pondered lazily. 15 biscuits are one thing, but 30 of them are a whole other.

“Oi! What’s got you so depressed?”

She tiredly looked over to see Fred and George racing towards her - bags of toys and candies spilling over as they flung them onto the table where Anna was sitting - taking seats right next to her.

Not to mention, completely ignoring the unsaid rules of personal space. As the twins often did, for that matter.

 “Nothing.” She insisted, not wanting to even think about the things concerning Cho or Cedric as she sighed, rubbing at her temples. “Just...not the best birthday I’ve ever had.”

WHAT?” Fred’s exclamation nearly took out her eardrums. “It’s today?”

“Why didn’t we know this?” George asked - looking extremely displeased with himself.

“Because I never told you.”

And why didn’t you tell us?”

“Because it doesn’t matter. It’s just a birthday.” Added to the fact that today, Anna was not extremely pleased with her existence at the moment.

So, to say she was surprised when she was suddenly gripped by each arm and tugged forwards was understated as the twins began pulling her with them.

“What are you doing?” She hissed quietly, not wanting to draw too much attention, very aware of the fact that she could dropkick both of them if she just got them closer to some sort of wall… “Can I please go back to my biscuits?”

“You can have biscuits any other day of the year, Anna.” George informed her. “This day is one of the special ones, so we too must do something special.”

Anna rose an eyebrow. “What kind of things do you even have in mind? You literally just found out my birthday is today.”

“There are many things we could do,” Fred began listing off on his fingers. “We could rob a bank, steal candy from a baby, set Snape on fire - anything you want. After all, it is your day.”

“This is ridiculous.” Anna mumbled underneath her breath, when an idea occurred to her.

Anything, you said?”

The twins nodded in sync.

Anything.” George insisted.

“Even things involving murder, we are willing and ready to partake in for your sake.” Fred finished confidently.

- - -

“This is not murder.” Fred began, sounding oddly disappointed as Anna led the twins across the Hogwarts rooftops - balancing precariously atop the stone ledges as they continued.

“I’d rather do murder than this.” George muttered, face oddly paler than Anna had ever seen it. “Why are we up here again?”

“You said anything, remember?” She put her hands on her hips. “Well, this fits in that category.”

“Fine. Anything but this.”

“Too late.” She turned back around and continued walking. “Just keep following me - we’ll get there.”

If we fall and die it will be all your fault!”

When you see what I want to do, falling and dying will be the last thing on your mind.”

“I highly doubt it.”

Anna had to stifle a snort. To see the twins so oddly sane for once was so weird, compared to their usual selves.

“We’re here.” She announced, leaning over the side of the large stone structure as she waited for them to catch up with her.

“You brought us to a chimney.” George deadpanned.

“Not just any chimney - rather a chimney belonging to the Umbridge kind.” Anna demonstrated her leather satchel - filled with several dungbombs. “What better way to celebrate a birthday than taking righteous revenge?”

“I take back everything I've said,” Fred swore as he began taking handfuls of the dungbombs. “You are the best person to have birthdays with.”

“Agreed.” George stood at the ready, dungbombs in hand. “Happy Birthday, Anna. May this birthday be the greatest of all.”

“Oh believe me,” Anna wore a crooked smirk. “It is.”

And the dungbombs dropped into Umbridge’s office.

Although most of the school was puzzled by Umbridge’s short temper for the rest of that day, and by the strange scent radiating from the inside of her office, only Fred, George and Anna would know what happened that fateful day on the rooftop.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys!

Another week has passed, and therefore, another chapter. Though this chapter is mostly fun and fluff, I thought Anna could use a break from all the angst going on - and what better way to have fun than pulling pranks on her special day with some of her best friends?

Anyway, hope you guys all have a good week and thanks for reading!