Chapter Eighteen: Ghosts

The first thing she saw when she opened her eyes was red.

Anna groaned as she roused, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she righted herself, pressing her feet to the cool wooden floor in attempt to focus herself - wondering why she felt like she had slept for 100 years.

What happened...She thought to herself, rubbing at her temples. We were at the DA meeting, and then Dobby had come and then…

“Hey!...are you doing?”

“-oes it hurt?”

“You aren’t poisonous….you-”

Flashes of close-up silver eyes, holding something more. “I..I lov-”

Her eyes widened as the previous night came back to her in pieces. “Bloody hell.”

- - -

“Mind explaining exactly why you are acting like a wanted criminal?” Ginny deadpanned as Anna ducked for the umpteenth time with no apparent reason.

Well it wasn’t her fault there were so many bleach blondes at their school.

“You know why.” She snapped back, still eyeing the crowds warily. “I completely humiliated myself in front of Draco yesterday. I have to give him a day to forget.”

Ginny scoffed. “As if he’ll just forget you called him beautiful.”

Shut it.” They slumped into their usual seats - Anna taking an aggressive bite of her toast. “I still can’t believe Marietta snitched on us. Though I can’t say I’m surprised. Any friend of Cho Chang’s is bound to be as messed up as she is.”

“Speaking of,” Ginny subtly nodded over to the left, directing Anna’s gaze to Cho Chang herself - sitting at the Ravenclaw tables, appearing ridiculously pissed off. “Be careful today. She looks like she’s about to go feral. I think Harry must’ve said something to her.”

Anna scoffed. “Harry? As if. He practically worships the ground she walks on.”

“Maybe not him, but I know someone in our friend group said something to her. Either way, she’s not in her right mind today and that’s something I know you and I aren’t going to want to deal with.”

And like a hawk, Cho had caught her eye - an evil glint shining brightly.

Well, I guess that’s my cue to leave.

Anna acted as if the two had shared gazes by mere coincidence, sending a warning look to Ginny that they had to go now, picking up her wand and croissant as the two girls began walking into the Hogwarts halls and out of the Great Hall.

The second Anna heard the clicking of heels behind her, she knew she hadn’t gotten out fast enough.

Oi! Potter!” Cho exclaimed as Anna sighed in disbelief, turning around to face her.

“Hi, Cho. Good to see you this morning.”

Because as much as I’d like to throw this pastry at ur head, I don’t think our fight would end with just a ruined lunch.

“Don’t bother with niceties.” Cho glared. “What your friend did to Marietta was cruel and heartless.”

And here we go.

“What Marietta did was cruel and heartless.” Anna returned cooly. “Do you know how many students would’ve been expelled, had Dobby not warned us?”