Chapter 16

He was here the entire time? David had been hiding here? He could've helped dad earlier. Unless he was to far out. Just watching with his wolf eyes. Dad had found him thankfully. Blake looked at David and me both. He was confused too.

"I'm sorry, fire power," he said confused. David boss once.

"I came in right at the very end to help but I seen Marissa throw fire with her hands protecting her dad from a wolf trying to kill both of them," David said. Blake couldn't speak and neither could I. David noticed the silence.

"Marissa, it is surprising to me, you have healing powers, you may be a Phoenix, it would make sense, maybe your mother was part Phoenix," he said. I snap my attention to him.

"So like if I died I would come back, from ashes," I asked. David shook his head.

"Not from ashes but you would come back, and you would have fire power we call that the flame throwing power but either one is fine," he said. I stepped back. I didn't want to hear this right now. I didn't need this. On top of my healing and tethering. What else wasn't my mother telling me in my visions?

As soon as I was out of reach from the three of them, I turn and I run, I can hear them screaming for me. But I don't turn to look around. I don't want to be here. I don't want to do this. And as I'm running I realize I'm crying. Hard. My anxiety is causing trees to blow, and branches to fall. What else was going on with me? I would hope nothing but at this point it couldn't surprise me.

I stopped by a creek. I must've tan as far as a park creek in the woods. And I fall to my knees. I cry and cry until I couldn't cry anymore. I didn't want this life. None of it. I wanted two men, my dad was a permanent wolf, mom was dead and had powers untold. And now I kept discovering more power. I drove David to leave only worrying Blake. If I had power, did I have the power to do spells? That was probably just witches.

Snap

I heard something. Like a twig snapping. Someone was hear with me. I slowly turned to see who or what was behind me. But when I turned I seen dad standing a few feet from me. I relaxed. He was just here for protection. But I'm Sure Blake and David weren't to far away. I had walked at least a mile up the road. And like clockwork, a car light shows through the trees and turns off, and I can hear David telling Blake where I was. I looked at David.

"Protect me from them, I want to be alone," I said. He tilts his head.

"Dad," I said. He whimpers and turns to walk closer to them. He growls as he walks towards them shaking his snout at them.

"She doesn't want us around her," David said. Blake sighs. I could tell they were both hurt by it.

"He doesn't want to but he will attack on her order if we come near, we have to hang back," David said. Blake blows air. I could see David rub his face.

"Marissa, you want space and I get that but we are here for you, both of us," Blake said, hitting David's chest.

"Look Marissa, we know you don't want to see us or talk to us but just listen, I get it, it sucks, there's a lot going on and you want things to be normal, but you're not normal, you're special, and you're special to us, both of us, we both care about you and you're dad too, if you want us to go wait in the car we will, but don't take to long, we are here," David said. I cried harder. But stood up.

"HERE FOR ME DAVID YOU RAN AWAY FROM ME AND I HAD TO COME FIND YOU AND IF I DIDN'T I WOULD NEVER HAVE KNOWN ABOUT MY FIRE POWER SO THIS IS YOUR FAULT," I screamed out. He sighed.

"You're right Rissa, it is my fault because I did feel something that day, I was afraid, of hurting Blake, he's my brother Marissa, he told me what happened and I made a mistake either one of us would be happy as long as you're happy so please just come home," he said. I was shocked at him. Blake looked at David and nods. Dad continued to stand in the way.

"Dad it's fine," I said. He moves away. David and Blake both join me at the creek bed. David and Blake look at each other.

"Look you two need to talk, and I think I'll wait by the car with your dad, so please, don't kill each other," Blake says. I nod to dad as he walks Blake to the car.

David stands in front of me. And folds his arms to me. I looked down and back up. Tears still stream my face. He was always coy but tonight he was an open book. He admitted to feeling something and denying it. He clears his throat.

"I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you or be gone to long, I needed to clear my head," he said. I nod.

"And I came to find you to tell you that I care about you more than I should, it isn't just Blake, it's you too. And I wanted to punch you in the face but seeing you it made me realize that I'm in this now with you and Blake and I can't take it back," I said. He relaxes his arms. And places both hands around my arm muscles.

"I care for you Marissa, I only ran because I was shattered to see you two together I knew he wanted to be with you, but I couldn't deny that I did too. But Blake told me that he and you decided to stay friends because Blake couldn't bare to loose me and you both, and he said if I wanted he would give his blessing," he said. I was confused.

"Blessing?" I asked. But before I could ask for what he leans down. And his lips meet mine. And they are soft. A spark fuels inside me. But I felt guilty. Because I had feelings for both of them. And I didn't know know what was right. This felt right though. It felt like love, was it love? I didn't know but it felt stronger than like.

He pulls away. And he places his forehead on mine.

"Let's go home."