Chapter 4

I started feeling nauseous. It was like I couldn't breath. My chest was heavy. I was having an anxiety attack. Damion notices and rushed to me. I wasn't light headed just scared. He asked me what was wrong. I couldn't talk. He told Rachael to put me in room 91 by myself and isolate me. I guess he knew I was having trouble focusing. I couldn't breath I couldn't focus I just wanted this to end.

Two hours went by and Damion finally came into the room. He had a clipboard in his hand. I was just in the hospital yesterday. He didn't look thrilled. He looked almost scared. And for me. He was always good to me and now he was scared for me. I was scared for me. I didn't know what was going on.

"You'll be happy to know Donavan made a full recovery. His scars are healing and he's being released in a couple of days. But you on the other hand, I tried to warn you to stay for another day," he said. I nodded.  He was scaring me but only because he had never been this concerned about someone's condition before.

"You are having some serious anxiety attacks Marissa, how long has this been going on?"

"Um, probably two weeks maybe less, I have never had problems before I must be overworking myself," I said. He nodded and came to me.

"I think you should take a few days off work. Work on relaxing and breathing, we can handle it here," he said. I sighed.

"Okay, but can I see some of my patients first," I asked. He nodded.

"Certainly I know you Marissa and I know how much you care for your patients I would never tell you to leave here without saying goodbye," he said. I nodded and got up slowly. I felt fine.

I headed to Janes room first. She was sitting up watching the news. Talking about the other attack. It was strange but I felt like these weren't random. They were all jogging in the same place.

"Hey I am going to be sent home for a few days so I just wanted to say I'm sorry and I hope you get to feeling better," I told her. She sighed.

"Okay, well, I hope you come and visit again," she said. I nodded.

"Of course, I will try to come back in a couple days I'm going to take a few days off to rest," I told her. She nodded. She was kind.

I then ventured to Donovan's room. He was so nice, he smiled and stood up. They had took his Iv out and let him dress in regular clothes again. He was so nice to me the whole time he had been here he was so nice. He was a friend.

"Let me guess they are pretty sure you're going to make it," I said. He smiled. He could not walk the best ever but he was walking with a limp and that was okay.

"Yes, and I will be limping for a while but I'm glad it wasn't worse, the pain is gone and I can finally go home in a couple days," he said. I smiled and stepped in to his room and shut the door.

"So I'm taking a few days off and I don't know when we will see each other again but I do want you to know I am glad you were always so nice to me, and that you're doing better," I said. He smiled.

"You're a sweet girl, and honestly the only one here that I can seriously talk to, I'm not going to get use to walking with a cane but at least you were here to help me through the emotional rollercoaster I was on," he said. I smiled. But then something dawned on me.

"Is there anyone who can help you at home," I asked. He sighed and grinned.

"No, but I will be okay," he said. I felt bad because usually the doctor wouldn't release them unless they had help. They could fall or get hurt.

"Why don't you stay with me for a while I have two rooms," I said. He shook his head.

"No as a man I must decline, it wouldn't look right for us to share a house together, we barely know each other," he said. He was a gentleman.

"I insist Besides I can't tell you how many patients of mine went home by themselves and then ended up back here from falling or worse, it'll be fun and I have another bedroom you can sleep in," I said. He sighed.

"Okay if you insist but only until I'm able to move around better," he said. I smiled. He grinned at me.

So we planned for when he was released for me to pick him up. He told the other nurses to put me down for his contact. We had become good friends and even though I was still afraid I couldn't live in fear and not have friends.