Chapter 5

Donavan had been staying with me for three days already and we were getting along great. He was like a brother to me. We had a lot to talk about and we were also trying to figure out what was attacking people. Another case had come up. A woman age thirty named Dana Jones had been attacked to. When I went in to see her she knew me as all the others did. But the Latino man who I knew as Diego Perez, was the only one who freaked me out. Telling me a wolf was after me was something creepy.

Donavan has fixed breakfast and I took a bite and went back to surfing the net. It wasn't always the this serious before. But now there were four attacks and everyone was concerned including myself. And who were these men that everyone spoke of? I had one idea on how I could find out.

"Hey what if I put some joggers on and went jogging to see if it came to me, maybe if it is after me I can get through to it," I said. Donavan dropped his fork.

"Absolutely not," he said. I shrugged.

" why not it's after me anyway and it probably doesn't want to hurt me," I said. He snickered.

"Okay and Santa clause is real, Marissa think about it if it wants you and you give yourself to it what is the first thing it's going to do to you," he said. That was a true statement.

"So what if I take a weapon," I asked. He shook his head.

"Look even if you did what do you think it's going to do, it's a freaking wolf, it has teeth and claws it could knock it right out of your hand and attack," he said. That was true too.

"Okay fine," I said. He nodded and continued eating. But that wasn't about to stop me. I ran upstairs and put some tight fitted jogging leggings and a tank top on with a sweater.

Once's it was late enough for me to go out I snuck downstairs and outside. Donavan was asleep because I waited until nine to sneak out. He was already snoring. So I went for the car and got in. I drove off and confidently parked right beside the park entrance. I hopped out and took my phone with me. I had side pockets so it went in the right pocket of the joggers. I had my hair up.

I finally began walking. I was scared but I was going to get to the bottom of this. So continuing to walk I swallowed my nerve and walked the joggers path near the park. I kept getting an eerie feeling that someone was watching me. I couldn't shake this feeling.

I kept hearing rusting noises behind me. As if someone or something was walking behind me. I wasn't going to turn around yet. I had my pepper spray in case it was a person. I wouldn't spray unless provoked. But the noise kept getting louder and louder. Finally I got tired of it and I turned around. There was nothing there. I sighed but as soon as I turned back around there it was. Four foot and huge. The color was dark brown and it's teeth were sharp as razors. One bite in the neck and I would be a goner.

"Nice wolf," I said backing up. It wasn't moving, it kept staring me down. Like it was in shock.

"Marissa," I heard a whisper. It sounded distant. I looked at the wolf again and stared it down. It was, sad. Almost remorseful for what it had done. Like it didn't know any better. Almost, Human.

"Okay, wolf, lets see what's going on behind that fur of yours," I said stepping forward slowly. The wolf stepped slowly toward me to. It's eyes were beautiful and he or she was so beautiful.

"Marissa," it got louder and louder. I looked at the wolf and tilted my head it's snout almost touching my hand.

"Marissa," I heard. The wolf looked over it's shoulder and I did too. Donavan!

"Donavan no don't stay back," I said the wolf stood in front of me growling. It was being protective. It was guarding me.

"Marissa get back," Donavan said pulling a gun out.

"No wait, Donnie look it's protecting me," I said. He looked with a twist of his head. He lowered the gun. The wolf continued to growl.

"That's weird," he said, "this isn't the wolf that attacked me."

He came closer to the wolf. The wolf growled but I placed a hand on its head. He stopped. Donavan got closer until he was face to face with the wolf. It sniffed him. He let Donavan touch him.

"If this isn't the wolf then where's-"

"MARISSA," I heard from behind me. A man with shaggy hair was running up to me pointing behind Donavan. The wolf!! The guy with shaggy hair ran up to me and stood beside the wolf and me. That was one of the guys.

"Hey wait, you're that guy," I said. He nodded and pointed again. Behind Donavan was a four foot black wolf. Who shape shifted into a man. The other man!

"Who are you guys," I asked. The short haired guy who was a wolf somehow answered me.

"I'm David, this is my younger brother Blake, we are the Michelsons," he paused, "and this wolf next to you is your guardian, and yes he's trapped as a wolf."

"Trapped."

"Yes Trapped, he can never be human and he was sent to find you Marissa," David said. He was so handsome. And so was Blake.

"When you say sent to find me-"

"He is your blood father."