Chapter 13

David had been gone four days. Blake and I kept ourselves amused and entertained. We had each other. We cooked and cleaned. We watched the news, and cuddles on the couch. He was so sweet. I couldn't imagine Being here alone without him. Sometimes we would lay in bed and just talk about things. He was sweet and so kind about everything. We hadn't heard from David in a while and were getting a little worried.

"Hey, you know we could drive up there," he said. I was laying across his legs on the couch. He had been playing with my hair.

"But wouldn't he smell us," I asked. I didn't realize that he had ran all the way up there on all fours. Until Blake and I went to eat a couple of days ago. I felt stupid for it but hey, I'm entitled to my moments too.

"Maybe, but I know it wouldn't take him this long to-"

"I'm home," David yelled opening the door. I shot up from the couch and ran to him.

"Oh my goodness, you look awful, are you okay," I asked. He shrugged his shoulders.

"As good as I can be, I found your pop, turns out he was keeping him against his will but, I called in a favor from a sorcerer and he worked a cloaking spell for me," he said. My dad ran in on all fours whimpering. He was hurt.

"Oh my goodness, dad, David what happened to you two," I asked. He sat down at the bar pouring himself a jack Daniels.

"We were played, not by the sorcerer but by his right hand," he said. Blake joined me by my side. His arm resting behind me.

"So, anyway, I found your pop, I got him out, and we were ambushed, we fought, we left, and came straight here," David said. Dad came to my side too. David must've noticed Blake's arm around me because he breathed in and straightened himself up.

"Well, what have you two been up to since I left," he said. I looked at Blake, and he looked at me. Blake was always the shy one. He never had a girlfriend without his brothers okay. So to just up and ask me to be his without David knowing was a big step for him.

"We are officially together," I said. David pursed his lips and nodded.

"Well, I am happy for you, Blake, you better take care of her, or else you'll have big brother to deal with," David said getting up. He patted Blake's back twice and smiled at me. But I could tell he was hiding something. He didn't like it but he lost his chance and he knew that.

"Well that went well," I said. Blake grinned sympathetically.

"It actually didn't, I know David and he isn't happy," he said. I smiled at him and grabbed him around the neck.

"He lost that chance with me when he wanted me to pretend nothing happened," I said. Blake chuckled. He leaned down kissing my forehead.

"Okay well, I'm going to go and take a shower so I'll see you in a few minutes," he said. He ran upstairs as fast as he could.

I was so wrapped up in him. It was like I had never felt this way before. I wanted him close to me. I wanted him to stay beside me constantly. He was my rock. I had leaned on him so long, I didn't know who else to turn to. And it dawned on me that at one point I did the same with David. He was so stand offish that he couldn't tell the truth. He didn't want to tell the truth.

I decided to call in Chinese takeout again because we weren't cooking much these days. We had been so distressed from worrying about dad that things just didn't seem fair anymore. Dad was laying on the floor in the kitchen. He raised his ear up and then his head to look toward to opening. David was standing there and he looked at dad.

"Can you give us a minute," he asked. Dad got up and walked into the family room.  David came closer into the kitchen.

"So, Blake and you are together now," he started. I nodded to him.

"Well, I honestly think that he's great for you, and hey, my brother is crazy about you, that I can see," he said with a smirk. He really made my blood boil. I wanted so bad to punch him for everything but I didn't.

"You're such a liar, you know for once you could be honest with someone," I said snapping at him. He snickered.

"Honesty, that's strong even for you, I mean you can't expect me to believe that you didn't feel something when you thought I wanted to kiss you, because I seen it, I'm a wolf I can feel emotion," he said. I shook my head.

"You're pathetic, David, you felt it to," I argued. He nodded. And he nodded angrily.

"Yes, I will admit that I felt something but I don't know what, maybe the wolf in me felt lustful towards you, territorial maybe, but to like you the way my brother does, never," he said. But he was lying. He was saying this because he knew what Blake would say if he knew how he really truly felt.

"Blake wouldn't be with me if he knew how you felt, would he," I asked. David stopped and looked at me shaking his head.

"You know what, I'm happy for you two, but I'm not standing here arguing, I just want to know that you like him the way he does you," he said. I snickered back at him.

"You honestly think I did this for spite of you?"

"I don't know Marissa, I don't know what you do anymore no one tells me anything," he spoke up loudly. I had no idea Blake was listening.

"David, I can't pretend I don't have feelings for you, but to stoop so low as to date him in spite of you, it's not who I am, I like Blake, more than you think but I can't deny my feelings for both of you, and you made your choice and I made mine," I said. He nodded. He understood.

"Marissa, I wish you the best with him I truly do, but if I could take that day back, I would, I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, I just want you to be happy, if Blake makes you happy then I'm happy for you, you deserve it," he said. Blake entered just in time. He looked from me to David. David didn't know he was listening. He was part wolf so his hearing wasn't as strong. But dad came in too.

"You two okay," Blake asked. We looked at each other and grinned.

"Yep, everything's good bro," David said jokingly. But it wasn't. He had feelings for me and I had feelings for both of them.

"Listen Blake I am going hunting for a couple of days and I'll be back as soon as I can, shouldn't be to long, but you two look after each other and pops over there," David said. Dad raised his ears.

"David-"

"No Marissa, I'll be fine on my own," David said. He could have at least let me finish. But that was David.

"Okay, well, be careful," I told him. Blake has that look on his face. As if he knew something were wrong.

"Bye Marissa."