Chapter 2

I woke up in a hospital bed in a gown. I was hooked up to an IV and felt like I had been hit by a car. The machines were beeping so loud I could barely hear myself think. It was becoming daylight outside. Since I worked on the 12 hours a day shift and usually went in at noon and got off at midnight I knew I had been here all night.  Or so I thought.

"Marissa, you're awake, how are you feeling," Damion asked walking in. I say up in bed.

"I'm okay now, but what happened last night," I asked.

"Last night you were still in a coma," Damion said. What?!

"I was in a coma?"

"Yeah for a week, we didn't think anything was wrong but you were in pretty rough shape. When you passed out you had a brain aneurysm and it busted. I don't know how you survived it, honestly it's a miracle," he said. I never knew that.

"But wait I had an aneurysm?" I asked.

"Yes, you were so overworked that your aneurysm busted and it should have killed you but it didn't," he said.

This took me by surprise. What was I supposed to do with this information? What was going on? How did I get an aneurysm? Wouldn't I have known that?

"You'll be happy to know the guy that was brought in he did make it and he has requested to see you when you are able," Dr. Damion said. I nodded and decided that now was as good a time as any.

When Damion left I began taking my Iv out. I taped my arm for the blood to quit coming out. As soon as I found my scrubs I put them on.  I opened my door and ventured down the hall. My ponytail was halfway falling down and my hair hadn't been washed in days actually a week. But I went to the elevator because I was on the third floor.

As soon as  I hit the the second floor I got off and made my way to Donovan's room. He was sitting up eating breakfast and watching the news. He spotted me coming in and he flipped the television off. He patted the place beside him for me to sit.

"I'm glad to see you are okay," he said. I sat down beside him.

"Yeah you to," I said. He grinned.

"So what I said the other night, please don't tell anyone else. I was told to find you and tell you," he stopped.

"Who told you to find me," I asked. He sat up and softly spoke.

"Someone or a few someone's told me when I was attacked that I needed to find a blonde named Marissa, said I would know her because she is beautiful and had ivory skin and blue eyes," he said.

"So someone thought I would just believe you," I asked. He nodded but hesitated to speak.

"Honestly Marissa I don't know, it all seems surreal to me but the good news is I survived," he stopped, "With some major scars."

I grinned at him and excused myself. It was as if something in me DID believe him. Strange things were happening all over the hospital. I couldn't shake the feeling that something else was going to happen. But what was it? And why now? And I died but came back? What was my purpose in life? Something wanted me back but for what?

The next hour I was being examined by a nurse on the 2nd floor. Everything looked good. And even though Damion didn't want me to leave he couldn't hold me here. I felt that I should go home and get some rest, as if the coma didn't do that for me. But for some reason I was still weak and tired.

At home things were, the same but different. I couldn't shake this strange feeling. When I was at the hospital, he said there were a few people who sent him to me. I didn't hang around anyone so who could he have been talking about? What was the reason for wanting to get to me? They must have known I was not a skeptic. I believed there was something going on. But who would have known that? Someone was stalking me? I didn't know but this was getting very unbearable.

Sleep was rough too. I was having nightmares about Donavan when he was attacked. All I could see was him and this thing fighting hard. But it was just a glimpse before I woke up and it was 3Am. But I wasn't going back to sleep. No way could I sleep after seeing that.

Morning came through the windows in my family room. I was watching the news. Something was defiantly wrong though. The terror in the news anchors face was horrifying. She was terrified. And her co host- he was beside himself. They looked worried.

"In later news downtown Seattle has been struck yet again by a wild animal, bystanders say it was a big dog but others say they aren't reliable as they've been dealing in narcotics for the last few months. The woman was torn up by what seems to be a wild animal. Local woman Jane Taylor was attacked while taking a night jog at the open baseball field near Seattle park when she was attacked out of no where leaving only scars to prove it. Two locals said they seen the attack but they were vague on what they seen."

They switched cameras to a local man who looked homeless.

"There was a big dog, biggest god I've ever seen and it came out of nowhere. We were standing a few hundred feet from her but when we seen that thing we hid so it wouldn't attack us too. I wanted to help but my friend told me it wouldn't do any good, after that two men came running to her and called 9-1-1 after that we left," the local man with a shaggy beard said.

"And there you have it, another animal attack, Jane was taken to a local hospital in Seattle and is being treated for her wounds, and is currently seeking treatment for infection that may or may not have been injected during the attack."

Once that was over, I dressed in my red scrubs and grabbed my keys. I drove all the way to the hospital where I parked in my usual spot and ran in the doors. The front was packed with local people who were throwing up and coughing. They would have taken her to the second floor also. So I got on the elevator and headed upstairs. Something was going on and I was going to find out what.

When I reached the second floor I ran to the desk and clocked in. I read over the recent patients and found Janes name. I read her room. 85. Nice 5 doors down from Donavan. I ran as fast as I could. No one seen me and when I reached her room no one was in there with her. She was awake but was laying down. I walked in. She spotted me.

"Marissa."