Chapter 6

"Hold on what," I said. After David said that it took me by surprise. I wasn't adopted. Was I?

"We have to get out of here," Blake said to his brother. David grinned at me and nodded to his brother.

We were in my car because apparently Donavan took a taxi. So David sat up front with me and Blake sat on the drivers side behind me and the wolf tagged along as well. Donavan sat on the other side. So if this was my real dad where's the other wolf at?

"So David, Blake, if this is my real father where is the wolf that's been attacking people," I asked. David looked back at Blake who nodded.

"Usually it's me who doesn't talk but looks like Blake doesn't want to discuss it okay, well for starters you're adopted. And the other wolf is not going to come while this one is around," David explained.

"Okay so this one protects me," I asked. David nodded.

"And everyone around you, that you seem to think highly of," he said. My 'dad' must've been taking up half the room because Blake moves a hundred times back there. And my car wasn't that big. It was a newer GMC.

"Look as much as I love family reunions, this one is kind of breaking my leg back here," Blake said. Donavan wasn't saying a word. David looked back and grinned at my 'dad.'

"Okay we are here," I said parking out slide my apartment. David and Blake both rushes out first. Then the wolf jumped out and Donavan followed after. I walked up to my door and unlocked it letting them inside including the wolf. David and Blake exchanges looks and nodded.

"Okay we are safe, I'm a wolf, he is a healer, and you are a full Healer," David started, "but until you died you didn't tap into it."

"Wait you mean at the hospital I died?"

"Okay sit down blondie and I'll explain everything," David said. I sat down on my sofa. He sat across from me. My now 'dad' wolf sat beside me and Donavan shared the other couch with Blake.

"Low down, you were born with healing powers. However you couldn't tap into it until you died and came back, so everyone around you died but you, now they're pretty much safe. So another low down your special like me and Blake but Blake is only half healer he can only half heal someone which is why everyone still had some damage done. He revived them but didn't heal the scars up. You blood father was trapped as a wolf for twenty five years. Looking for you. You mother was a full healer, but you don't carry your dads genes."

"So you're saying I have powers to heal people and when I had that aneurysm I died and tapped into that and I can now heal someone," I asked. David looked at Blake.

"Look Marissa, you have power I can only dream of but you can do more than revive someone. You can restore them back to health, fully," Blake said. My dad growled beside me jumping up to look out the window. Blake jumped up and looked out as well his face wasn't a happy one. He looked angry and scared.

"It's here," he said. Wait what was here?

"The wolf found us, and it brought company," Blake said. David jumped up and I did to. This was great. Out the window we're two large wolves and a man in black. He looked evil. Blake and David looked at each other. Donavan hopped along with his cane and seen what we were all looking at.

"That's the wolf," he said. It was a red color. Huge. The other wolf was a mix of red and black.

"This was what attacked you," I asked.

"Yep, but those other two weren't there," he said. Blake looked at me. I was scared. He could tell.

"Look I have other power to. I can I hurt things but it takes a lot out of me, I can-"

"NO that's suicide, and I'm not chancing it," David said. They glared at each other.

"Fine, but we fight our way out if we have to," Blake said. I didn't like this idea. How do you fight a wolf? But without hesitation David pulled me aside. Blake watched as he rescued himself for what he was about to tell me.

"I know this is going to seem crazy but could you try to tap into that power you wield and heal Donavan over there," David asked.

"David, I don't think this is a good idea," Blake said. I looked at him. He looked frightened.

"Why, what's wrong if I try to," I asked. David sighed. He put his head down and back up.

"So sometimes when Blake tries to heal someone he gets headaches and nosebleeds," David said. I looked at Blake and he agreed by nodding.

"No, look I can stay behind and not slow you down please, I insist that you three go ahead," Donavan said. I shook my head. Did he think I'd leave him behind?

"Donnie, no, I won't leave you behind," I argued. He hopped up with his cane. Blake and David moves aside to my 'dad' and waited for us to talk this out.

"They aren't after me, I'll be fine if they realize you are gone they'll leave, and I can lay low for a while I have enough food for a month or two in here anyway," he said. I came closer. He was serious. And he was right. I hugged him and let him go.

"Okay but be careful, I will come back for you, you're like the brother I never had," I told him. He nodded and looked behind me. Blake and David were watching outside. They turned to us and cleared there throats.

"Okay we have to move quickly grab what you need and let's move," David said. I then had an idea. I ran to the bedroom grabbed my essentials a few clothing pieces and my phone and charger. And I packed them in a small bag and headed back to the family room.

"Will dad do what I tell him," I asked. Blake started to say something but quickly changed his tune.

"He should, but only if it benefits you or someone close to you," He said. I nodded and walked over to dad. He whimpered and stood on all fours. I started to see what they were meaning. He was protective. And it was hard to call him dad when I was raised by others but he WAS my father nonetheless.

"You stay here with Donnie, keep him safe," I said. He raised his snout whimpering.

"Please dad, I may not know you but I know you will protect me and him at all costs, I need you to do this until I can come back," I said. He moved his snout up and down twice and gave me his paw. I hugged him and let him go.

"Okay I'm ready."