043 | i still love him

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW
ღ  🧸˚ ₊ 🤎 ˳ ͛ 🍂 ˖
chapter forty-three

third person;

it's been a few days since the couple had seen each other at school or even at their house in the afternoons. and while for zach, he was dreading the time alone, sienna at times was somewhat content with it and felt like it was much need.

they had spoken once over text within those day, in which he asked to meet up and let him explain himself but she told him that she just need sometime to think about it all and make up her mind before letting him apologise properly.

but lucky for the distanced couple who had been sitting at different tables during lunch, there has only been talk about the two breaking up and nothing about him cheating — so maybe the boys were right when they said that the girl and her friends went to a different school.

sienna made her way out of her bedroom, phone in hand as she walked out to the dinning room after being called out for dinner. taking a seat beside her brother, with the smallest of frowns on her face and letting out a soft sigh.

"you okay hun?" aubrey asked her daughter while placing plates of food in front of her two children, and their father following behind with her's and his.

she nodded, "i'm good."

"where's zach been lately?" darren questioned while sitting down. "i haven't seen him around.."

"we've both just been busy with school," sienna shook it off, kind of afraid to tell them the truth.

aubrey looked at her daughter for a few seconds, watching the girls behaviour while talking about the subject of her boyfriend — and unlike her usual self, she didn't seem to be all smiley about it.

but realising that she wanted to drop the topic, she let it go and changed the conversation into something regarding blake, upcoming plans and basically anything that didn't involve zach.

and by the time the foster's had all finished dinner, blake and sienna had gone back to their room and aubrey had asked her husband to go clean the dishes up while she spoke with sienna.

making her way from the kitchen over to the girl's bedroom. she knocked on the door and waiting for her to response before opening it, going in and shutting the door again behind herself.

"be honest sienna, is everything okay between you and zach?" she asked while taking a seat and keeping her eyes on her daughter.

sienna didn't even respond to the question, she just moved a little closer to her mother and wrapped her arms around her as many tears began falling from her eyes.

this is the first time she had cried in front of anyone because of zach done. at school and around friends she would act as if it didn't bother her and try her hardest to not even talk about him.

yet while every night after dinner, showering and doing the rest of her nightly routine, she would always end up lay in bed hugging her bear that he had gotten her while crying, unsure about what to do about the boy she was head over heels in love with.

of course she didn't want to break up with him, but she also didn't want him to hurt her more than he already has. and that's where she was stuck. after all this was the first time he's messed up while they have been dating and she wanted to believe that he would never do anything like that purposely.

"sienna, what did zach do?" aubrey asked as she gently rubbed her back, in attempt to calm her down.

"he- he um.." she sniffled a little while wiping a couple of the tears away. "he went to a party and was making out with another girl."

"and did someone tell you this or were you there and watched it happen?" she kept her voice at a low and comforting tone that she had been using the whole time.

"he had hickeys on his neck.. and his friends said it happened and they supposedly stopped him once they realised.."

"oh honey," aubrey softly sighed. "i've dating guys when i was younger who had done way worse that just kissing another girl. and what i learnt from that is that some guys just aren't worth being with long term. you'll find the right person, but sometimes you need to go through a heartbreak first."

sienna lifted her head up and looked at her, once again wiping away some more tears. "but i still love him, mom."

"have you spoken to him about it?"

"he asked to, but we haven't yet.." she shook her head. "and i know he had been drinking at the party. and i genuinely believe that he wouldn't do anything to hurt me, but i don't know if it's wrong of me to think like that."

"sienna, as your mother who has seen how that boy acts around you and how respectful he is, i do think that it's best if you talk to him and find out what he has to say about it all."

she nodded.

"but.. remember you don't have to accept his apology," aubrey continued. "you want to be happy and trusting in a relationship. not wondering about if he's out with other girls and what he's possibly doing while you're not with him. because that's just going to leave you worried and stressed, and it's just not healthy for you."

"okay.."

AUTHORS NOTE

fun fact wrote like half (probably less) of this at my family christmas dinner thing we do since i was sitting inside bored and while making a candy cane into a weapon 😃 but i came home with a headache so that's why i'm finishing it this morning lol