044 | made a dumb mistake

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW
ღ  🧸˚ ₊ 🤎 ˳ ͛ 🍂 ˖
chapter forty-four

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW— ღ  🧸˚ ₊ 🤎 ˳  ͛ 🍂 ˖ ༊ —chapter forty-four

today 1:42pm

hey zach do you have time to
talk in person?

yes of course i always have time
for you

would you like me to come pick
you up?

we could just go sit in my car
and talk at a park or something

unless of course you want to stay
at yours

i've missed your needy texts🥺

and yes you can come pick me
up now and sit in your car and
talk

see you soon xx

see you soon bby

i'm leaving now ily

aw🥺

drive safe bby

───────────

third person;

sienna left her bedroom and found her mother to tell her about what she was doing, which aubrey was easily okay with and happy to see her daughter with a natural, unforced smile back on her face.

as she waited for zach to arrive, she stayed in the living room talking with her mother and was reminded that she doesn't have to accept his apology no matter how much she misses his soft side.

zach sent her a text to let her know he was waiting outside for her. she said goodbye to her mother and then made her way out of his car. the two shared a soft smile with one another.

"so.. are we still sticking with sitting in here at the park plan?" she sort of mumbled, feeling the awkwardness between them.

"if that's still okay with you," he responded as he kept his eyes on the road. "and if you ever want to go home just ask, okay?"

"okay.."

the rest of the short drive was quiet since neither know what to say to the other. once they pulled up in the parking lot, both glanced out at the grassy picnic area.

"i would offer to go sit out under the sun but i don't really have a blanket or something to sit on," he spoke up. "unless you want to sit on the grass, we can do that.."

"um we could go sit out in the sun," she looked over at him before fiddling her fingers. "it might be nicer than sitting in here.."

"okay," he agreed, turning off the car and the both getting up.

he went over to her, walking almost directly beside her as they looked for a spot that was equally sunny and shady. taking a seat, sienna pulled her knees closer to her chest and folding her arms as she looked at the boy beside her.

"i'm sorry sienna," he said with clear hurt in his voice. "i guess i'm just not good at the whole relationship thing. i didn't mean to hurt you. i really do love you and i just made a dumb mistake."

"why were you with a girl instead of your friends?" she mumbled while trying to hold back any tears.

"i don't know.. i was drunk and just wasn't thinking," he explained. "i don't even know who the girl was and i regret it all so much. i don't even know why i went to the party, i should've just spent the night with you."

"was it just making out.. no further?"

"yes, i promise, nothing else happened between me and this girl," he quickly reassured her. "the boys told me to next morning that they saw her giving me this hickey's and they pulled me away and took me home."

sienna moved her arms up higher against her legs and rested her head on them, her eyes beginning to water up as her mind was circling with all the possibilities of things he could have done with other girls the whole time they've been together.

"baby don't cry," he moved a little closer to her and wrapped one arm around her, resting his head on her back. "i'm sorry," he choked out as his own eyes started watering up.

the couple stayed like that for a few minutes. while he kept wiping under his eyes so no tears would fall on her shirt, she took deep breaths in and out as she tried to stead her breathing pattern.

"zach.." she whispered, slightly lifting her head up but also not moving too much for his sake. hearing his hum something she continued; "can i have a hug please.."

"of course," he matched her tone. lifting his head up off of her and letting her turn to face him properly before the both wrapped their arms around the each other.

"promise you'll never do something like that again?" she mumbled, avoiding making eye contact with him.

"i promise," he softly nodded. "i never want to hurt you again. you don't deserve to be treated like i have done. i don't deserve you."

"i believe you, zach.. and i do miss you very much," she started and then took a few deep breaths before continuing. "but i might need a bit more time to fully trust you again."

"that's okay.."

after a few seconds of silence, sienna spoke up through a mumble, "i love you.."

"i love you too," he repeated, a small smile formed on both of their faces as they stayed sat there hugging.

AUTHORS NOTE

a short sadish zienna non-proofread update before i go sleep :) also i'm sorry i can only write so many chapters where it's them alone sad bc they don't have their other half so they're back together