We Came to an Agreement

The sun poured through the canopy of trees and into my room, tickling my nose and waking me. I sat up, stretched, and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Looking around my room, I sighed. Today was my eighteenth birthday, the day that marked me being able to find my mate. I wanted a mate since I had found out what they were, but at the same time, I had my reservations about the whole idea of me having one.

I was a wonder, as my parents called me. As the only child of Alpha Carrick and Luna Alana, I guess the title fit. Usually, Alpha mate had two or three children. My mother had been abused when she was a young girl and had been given a heavy dose of something that almost sterilized her completely.

So, when they found out she was pregnant with me, my parents did everything in their power to keep me. My birth had happened under different circumstances than normal but that was a story for a different day.

I heard footsteps in front of my door and quickly laid back down, pretending to be asleep. My door opened and seven pairs of feet started to spread out around my bed. The covers were slowly pulled away from my face, and then all of them started singing.

"Happy Birthday to you!" ended in applause, and I opened my eyes slowly, faking sleepiness. Looking around, I smiled at the people I loved the most.

My parents swooped in and gave me the first hugs of my eighteenth birthday. "Happy Birthday, honey!" My mom smiled at me. Her long dark brown and curly hair was cascading freely down her back. My Dad stood next to her, his arm wrapped around her waist.

I smiled brightly at them, jumping out of bed. Then I rushed around the room and gave everyone standing around a big hug. These people were my family and I was glad to have them.

After the hugs, everyone but Noah and Bea stayed. Noah was the son of my father's Beta and Bea was the daughter of Ashley and Theo, my aunt and uncle. I had another uncle named Carter, but he didn't have any children with his mate.

"You're finally eighteen, bitch!" Bea shouted, tossing herself at me. I smiled, ignoring the insult since I was used to her vocabulary. It came along with having my aunt as her mother and my dad and Uncle Carter as uncles. They cursed worse than a sailor during a storm while fishing.

"I know. I can hardly believe it myself." Not the sarcasm. I got out of bed, heading to my closet. Pulling on a pair of super skinny jeans, a camouflage bra, and a black t-shirt, I left my black super curly hair open and ignored the sight of myself in the mirror. I knew what I would see.

Protruding ribs, too thin arms, and legs, a face with hollow cheekbones, and two different colored eyes. Add that to the crazy hair and you had the perfect picture of me. I was an abomination and hated myself for it.

I had the same hair type from my mom, the color, however, I had gotten from my dad. He had black shaggy hair, whereas my mother had dark brown super curly hair. I stepped out of my closet and headed into my bathroom. Noah and Bea were sitting on my bed, having a quiet conversation.

I brushed my teeth and added a smidge of mascara, even though Bea and everybody else would say I don't need it. Werewolves were naturally beautiful and handsome as well as tall and well-built. Everyone except me. All the wolves of this pack and the neighboring ones were skilled in multiple different martial arts and the works. I was strong, due to my Alpha blood, but I was extremely boney. I was so boney, one could count the number of ribs when I walked around shirtless, which did not happen often.

I wasn't one for public nudity, even though it was common for us wolves. The clothes we wore didn't shift with us and tore. That was why we had stashes of them all over our territory.