It was my wolf

It had been two weeks since I arrived at Liam's pack. The snow I had been waiting for had started to fall and soon a blanket of white covered the trees and the ground of the forest.

I hadn't shifted in those two weeks and it didn't bother me. Ever since I shifted for the first time two years ago, I didn't shift every day like the rest of the pack. I didn't like shifting and preferred to stay in my human form, even if it left me weak.

I spent my time that Liam wasn't with me in the gym in the basement of the house or the library. Jay, his Beta, was always with me.

Currently, we were in the gym and I was practicing my punches. "Tell me, Jay, do you have a mate?" I asked and watched him freeze for a second.

"No, why do you ask, Luna?" he questioned and dodged yet another of my punches.

"I just wanted to talk to someone. Not that you aren't fun to talk to. And Liam is always in his office," I huffed. I was starting to get used to the Alpha being my mate and wanted him to spend more time with me. I just hadn't talked up the courage to confront him.

Jay looked up at the ceiling for a split second, before focussing back on me. This time, I managed to clip him in the shoulder with my fist. I twisted my body and my foot made contact with Jay's abdomen, making him fly through the gym. I watched in horror as he hit the back wall and sunk to the floor.

Running over to him, I sunk to my knees. "Jay? Come on. Please, I didn't mean to hit you that hard."

I brushed a piece of hair out of his face, and he opened his eyes. "BOO!" he called, and I screamed, flinching away from him.

"You're such an asshole!" I hit him on the chest, and he wrapped his arms around me, spinning me around in a circle.

"No, I am a werewolf. That didn't hurt one little bit." He grinned at me, a growl from the door catching our attention.

My head whipped around, and I saw Liam standing there. He looked pissed off and I quickly shoved Jay off of me. He only winked, making Liam growl again.

"Jay, you are finished for today. Go home. That is an Alpha's order!" Jay left after flashing me a grin. I knew he had something planned when he looked at the ceiling. On the first day of training, I had noticed the cameras, never asking Liam about them, pretending I was unaware.

Ignoring the angered Alpha, I headed back to the original mat and started doing some cool-down yoga that I remembered from my pack doing training drills. I let my hips rise into the downward dog position, and Liam placed his hands on them. Freezing, I felt him run one of his hands over my spine, the other gripping my hip lightly. I hadn't even heard him walk over to me.

Slowly, I rose to my full height, my back pressed against his front. He moved his hands over my shoulders and down my arms. "I am starting to think Jay did that on purpose. Was there a reason for this "commotion"?" He was purring into my ear, and I shivered.

"I am sure I have no clue what you could mean," I say, and faster than I can react, I am pushed against the wall of the gym.

"Don't lie to me, Arden." Liam drops his head to my neck, gently kissing my mark. I shiver again and hold back the moan that was about to escape.

Standing still as he moves his lips over my neck and across my cheek to find the hollow behind my ear, I close my eyes. This time the moan slips out, and I can feel Liam smile against my skin.

As suddenly as he had started, he pulled away. I watch him turn and head to the door of the gym. Letting out a frustrated growl, I run after him, jumping onto his back.