Oh, my Goddess!

It was raining when Liam and I woke the following morning. I looked over at him and everything we had done the night before came rushing in. Feeling myself blush, I hid under the covers.

"Why are you hiding, mate?" I heard Liam's voice right next to my ear. It was husky, sounding rough from sleeping.

"No reason," I replied, keeping my face covered by the sheets. There was nothing I should have to be embarrassed about, but I had always struggled with accepting my body, and Liam had seen it in full last night. That thought had to be processed first.

He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me back into his chest. My hair covered my neck, and he nuzzled it aside before breathing in our mingled scent.

Liam seemed to understand what was going on in my head, not pushing me to speak. We lay there for a long time, not speaking and just taking comfort from each other's presence.

After a while, Liam released me and sat up in bed. I didn't feel him move, but the blanket swiftly disappeared from my face, and he stared into my eyes, making me blush.

"Are you hungry?" he asked, and I nodded, moving up the bed and resting my head on his shoulder. "And what would my mate like me to cook?"

"French toast?" I asked, and he flashed me a wide smile. Yawning, Liam stood and headed for the closet. I watched as he emerged, wearing a pair of black sweatpants and no shirt.

Before leaving to go downstairs, he stopped next to the bed and kissed me on the forehead. I closed my eyes in bliss, hearing the door open and close.

After lying in bed for a few more minutes, I decided it was time to get dressed. Getting out of bed, I winced at the soreness between my legs, awkwardly limping to the closet.

I decided to wear jeans and one of Liam's t-shirts. I brushed my teeth and hair, and headed downstairs, where I could hear Liam moving a pan around on the stove.

Walking into the kitchen, I spotted him flipping the toast in the air flawlessly and smiled at his happy dance. He did not seem to know that I was standing right behind him, for when he turned and spotted me, he jumped.

"I did not hear you," he sheepishly admitted, and I laughed at his lightly reddened cheeks. I walked around the kitchen island and wrapped my arms around his middle, my head resting on his chest.

"Macy and Jay are coming over later. I hope that is okay. They need a little break from each other anyway." I snickered at the thought of Macy and Jay getting along for longer than two minutes. Liam seemed to have read my mind, laughing. "Yes, that would be very strange indeed."

I finished the french toast he had made before washing the dishes and heading into the library. Liam went to get dressed, and I looked for the ladder that I had seen somewhere around here.

Once I had located it, I just needed to carry it to the shelf that I wanted to access. I had decided to start at the top of the bookshelf and read myself down.

"Luna, are you in here? The Alpha said you were!" I heard Macy call and watched from where I was perched atop the bookshelf as she entered the library.

"I am here," I answered and smirked when her head whipped up to look at me.

"What are you doing up there? What if you fall? The Alpha would be very upset about that." I climbed down to the ground at her concerns, and Macy gave me a bone-crushing hug. "Oh, my Goddess!" she gasped, making me spin around in alarm.

"What is it?" I asked, scanning the library for any threat that could possibly be present.

"No, nothing is wrong. I was just excited that you and Alpha Liam completed the mating bond." She smiled at me, and I relaxed. My cheeks heated up at the mention of last night, and Macy nudged my shoulder. "It was that good, huh?" she teased, my blush intensifying.