No heat

Three days later, Liam woke me early in the morning. I poked my head out from underneath the covers and saw that he was already dressed for the day. "Why are you up already?" I asked, rolling onto my back so I wouldn't have to crane my neck up so far.

"Remember I told you that I would take you to the pack doctor to find out why you haven't had your heat yet?" I nodded sleepily. My face flushed when I remembered that conversation after he had found me crying in my room.

"Can I take a shower before we head over there?" I asked, Liam nodding. I hurried to the bathroom, trying to rush but make sure I would be presentable as well. The most important thing for me was finding out what was wrong with me and why I hadn't gone into heat yet.

Showering quickly, I rushed to the closet and got dressed. Liam was already downstairs, and I could smell that breakfast he was preparing. Pancakes with bacon and scrambled eggs. After brushing my teeth, I headed downstairs, and Liam pulled me in for a kiss. I returned it and was soon seated on the kitchen island with him between my legs.

Someone clearing their throat was what broke us apart. Jay was standing at the entrance to the kitchen, watching us with a pleased face.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" Liam asked, filling three plates with delicious food. I grabbed one and handed it to Jay. He thanked me and smirked.

"It seems like my tactic worked and brought you guys closer. But you haven't fucked yet from what I can smell." I blushed crimson red, blocking my face with my hair.

"No, but we have done other things," Liam replied, my appetite disappearing. I ate as if I was on autopilot and cleared my dishes before putting them into the dishwasher.

Liam and Jay watched me, and I ignored them. They wanted to talk about us? I wouldn't entertain their conversation any further. I headed back upstairs and brushed my teeth for the second time, before concentrating on taming my wild head of curls.

When I got back downstairs, both men were finished and had loaded their dishes into the washer. It was on and running.

I left the house, not waiting for the males to follow. That was a stupid idea, considering I didn't know this territory since Liam never took me anywhere.

They caught up to me. "Why did you leave without us, Arden?" Liam asked, and I continued walking, not looking at him.

"I didn't want to disturb your conversation about our supposed bedroom activities." I stormed ahead, and when I didn't hear a comment from either Liam or Jay about my heading in the wrong direction, I knew I was on the right track.

We reached the pack hospital a few minutes later, and the nurses rushed over to help out. I noticed the looks they were giving Liam and growled lowly. They looked over at me, and one dared to narrow her eyes at me.

"Who the hell is she?" she demanded. The tone she used was rude and insulting, resulting in me growling louder.

"This is your Luna, Alexis. I would suggest you respect her as you do me, or the consequences will be dire." Liam's voice made me shiver. He had used his Alpha tone.

"Of course, Alpha. I apologize." She hung her head, the rest of the nurses following suit.

Then someone came rushing down the hallway. It was another of the nurses. She looked to be about my age.

"Alpha, Luna," she said and then looked at Jay. "Beta Jay," she said and his name coming from her lips sounded almost rude. "The doctor is ready to see you, Luna." I nodded, following her.