Speculation IX

I aimlessly wandered around the ballroom, looking for something to do. I looked up at the ceiling that towered above me, and I couldn't help but admire the sparkling chandeliers. As you could guess, there was another wedding taking place later today. This time it was Davion and Bryson's associate, Gabriel.

Gabriel was a long-term family friend, and today he was marrying his girlfriend, Alicia. I met Alicia three years ago during a trip to Hawaii. She was a beautiful person inside and out, and I feel like she influenced Gabriel to become a better man.

"Guys, I need your help. The table arrangements are all wrong, our table is supposed to be in the center, but they have us in the front. The candy bar is unorganized, there aren't enough centerpieces, and all of the wedding favors aren't unpacked. This day is an absolute disaster." Alicia screamed while pacing back and forth.

"Hey, calm down; I know from experience how exhausting and frustrating this day can be. You just have to work through it and stop stressing. We're your bridesmaids, and your mother and mother-in-law are here to help." Courtney said while fanning Alicia's forehead.

"Thank you guys; I love you all. Please call my mother and ask her to handle it. I can't believe we spent $20,000 on wedding coordinators, and they can't do shit right today." Alicia replied before breaking down into tears.

I wasn't sure what was happening, but I thanked the lord that it wasn't me. I don't remember Courtney being this stressed on her wedding day, but she was also great at masking her emotions.

"I'll go call Carmen and have them sort this out," I mumbled before exiting the ballroom.

The wedding started in five hours, so we were in charge of ensuring that everything was running smoothly. I hoped that Alicia calmed down because this stress was making her turn into a bridezilla. She was typically the calm one in the group who was levelheaded, and she barely cursed.

I quickly called her mother, Carmen, and explained the situation. Thankfully, she was at her hotel, so she wasn't too far away. The wedding would be held at Old St. Patricks's, a historical church on Adam's street, and the venue was located at The Geraghty downtown.

Alicia and her family were Catholic, so Gabriel converted religions for her. I was excited to see the church because Alicia's family wouldn't stop talking about how beautiful everything was.

I went back into the ballroom to let Alicia know that her mother would be on the way. She was grateful to hear the news, but I could tell that she was still panicking.

"Alicia, we're going to need you to calm down and prepare to head back to the hotel to get ready. We'll have this handled by this evening, so go enjoy your spa treatment." Alicia's sister, Yasmine, and the maid of honor announced while ushering her sister out of the door.

I felt bad for her because she's been looking forward to this day for a year now. Gabriel proposed to her last year on her birthday, so she couldn't wait to tie the knot.

"Hey ladies, can you please wait for my mom to get here? And do whatever you have to fix this mess. I didn't want to stress Alicia out more, but I think that those wedding planners are up to no good." Yasmine said with a worried expression.

"Don't worry; we'll do everything that we can. I'll ask Bryson's mom if she can help out. She just got remarried a few months ago, so she still has some leftover centerpieces from her wedding." Courtney said.

"Wait, I can also help out. My sister Janelle is an event planner, and she helped with Courtney's and Brenda's weddings. I think she's off today, so I can ask her for help if the wedding planners don't turn up in time." I said with a hopeful smile.