Irresistible IV

"Your flight will be arriving at gate three, enjoy your flight." The ticket agent kindly told me.

I smiled and headed towards gate three, I was on time unlike my other friends so I would be here for a while. I felt butterflies in my stomach at the thought of seeing Jaheem again after five years. I wondered if he was happy and if Samira was a better partner than me.

I was still shocked that he chose her over me. I wasn't close to her so I only knew a few details about her. She was studying to be a neurosurgeon at our college so I barely saw her around. She went by the name Ria so I had no clue who she was until I saw Jaheem's name on the invitation and pieced it together. I took a deep breath and tried not to think about it, this happened years ago so I needed to control my emotions and forget about the past.

"Geia I'm surprised that you beat me here." Isabel said while approaching me with her husband Ahmad.

"Well I had nothing else better to do. I just want to be on a beach and at our resort already." I said while smiling at the thought of being around attractive Mexican men.

"Geia during this trip we should just relax. Vacation isn't an opportunity to go try out every man in Cancun." Isabel whispered so her husband couldn't hear.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged my shoulders. I was a grown woman so no one was going to stop me from doing what I pleased. Isabel and I used to party and be partners in crime before she got married and had a daughter. I checked my phone and saw that we had another fifteen minutes until our plane started boarding. Isabel and I talked about random things to pass the time. I was glad to hear that her family was doing well, she was a great mother and wife.

"I swear I'm not purposely late guys. The traffic on the 294 was backed up so I sped all the way here." Yvette stated, while approaching us with two large suitcases.

My eyes widened at her amount of luggage. We were only going for three days, why did she pack her entire closet? I decided to refrain from saying anything so I pretended to look around for Courtney and her husband. She was usually here before Yvette so I hoped that she made it on time.

The air crew was now letting us board the flight, I sighed in relief and followed the other passengers up the ramp. Since Davion was a pilot, he got us complimentary first class tickets. I only rode in first class once before when Courtney's husband invited us on a business trip to Hawaii. I took a seat next to Yvette and tried to get comfortable, this would be a long flight.

"Could you tell my brother-in-law that everyone is here?" A familiar voice said from behind me.

I turned around and saw Courtney and Bryson sitting in the seats behind us. I was glad that we were all together without any drama or worries. With everyone's lives taking off in different directions, it was hard to see each other often. Yvette had a son named Evan that was now three, going on four. Courtney had a daughter named Kyrah that just turned three, and Isabel had a daughter named Aamilah that recently turned two. I didn't want to admit it but I felt left out now since everyone else's lives took off right in front of me.

"Since when did you guys get here?" I curiously asked them.

"Since a couple minutes ago. Kyrah threw a fit when we tried to leave, so we had to put her down for a nap then rush here." Courtney replied with an exhausted sigh.

"Well you'll be reunited with her soon. But for now you need this time to relax and unwind." I replied before turning around and getting situated in my seat.

The flight from Chicago to Cancun was approximately four hours so I wanted to get as comfortable as possible. I never been out of the country before so I was excited to explore a new city and finally get some time to relax. My job was demanding and I worked a lot of overtime so I deserved this break. Throughout the ride, I watched a few movies and talked to Yvette to pass the time.