Deceitful II

Everyone was silent while we stared at the wedding invitation on the kitchen counter. I couldn't believe that my ex-boyfriend was getting married to the woman that he picked me over. I get that I was a different woman in college, but I was a good woman to him and he was one of the reasons for my current lifestyle.

"Geia what do you expect us to do? Crash his wedding?" My friend Courtney asked while rereading the invitation.

"Hell yes! He humiliated me in front of everyone and on top of that he married her of all people." I defensively said.

"I don't know Geia, I think you should let go and find someone else. Obviously, Jaheem wasn't the man for you and you shouldn't let him have control over your life anymore." My other friend Isabel suggested.

I was already annoyed with their suggestions, they didn't understand what it was like to be in my position. During my childhood, I never comprehended the true meaning of love because I never felt it. And what I did understand, Jaheem misconstrued my only feelings towards love.

"I won't even comment because the last time I suggested something we almost fought each other." My other friend Yvette defensively stated.

"That was like two years ago Yvette. We've learned to tolerate each other now." I jokingly said while downing the rest of my wine.

"Ok, Geia what do you want us to do?" Courtney asked with a defeated sigh.

"Finally someone's offering to help. So on the invitation, it doesn't say that I can't bring guests, so I want all of us to go and I want Davion to be my date." I stated without breaking eye contact.

The ladies started laughing after they comprehend what I said. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes, I didn't think this was a bad plan. Davion was Courtney's brother-in-law and I've known him for a couple of years. Everyone tried to encourage us to date but I've been avoiding him for years.

"Geia didn't you reject his advances before, and now you expect him to help you? Girl wake up, he's a good guy and you don't need a fake date to prove it." Isabel sternly stated.

"I have to chime in and agree. Davion is a smart and intelligent guy. Girl, I don't understand why you rather chase community dick instead." Yvette added.

"Ok, I need everyone to stop coming at me for a minute. You guys can bring your husband's and I will find Yvette a date. But you ladies are finding a babysitter on your own, no children are coming to Cancun." I said before getting up and heading to the pantry to get a snack.

My friends were like my sisters so we were comfortable with sharing all of our stuff. Today we met at Courtney's house since her daughter and husband were out having bonding time. I was impressed with her house and her lifestyle choices. Her husband Bryson hired contractors and they built it from the ground up. I admit that I secretly wanted this one day, their home was beautiful and they did have a beautiful family.

"I guess that I'm in. But remember that Mexico has different laws Geia, I'm not going to jail with you again." Isabel angrily stated.

"I'm also in. But out of curiosity why did you guys go to jail?" Yvette asked while trying to conceal the smile on her face.

"It's a long and stupid story. But to sum it up, Geia flashed a cop during Mardi Gras and threw up on him." Isabel said while shaking her head in disappointment.

"I guess that I'm also in. But Geia remember that this is someone's wedding, and we aren't going to ruin it. Or get wild with the police." Courtney said with a frown.

"Thank you guys for doing this for me. And don't worry Courtney, I would never ruin someone's big day." I stated with a smile.

The ladies and I planned the trip to Cancun until it was time to go. I was excited to go on vacation, but I was more excited to crash Jaheem's wedding. I had no sympathy for what I was about to do. I would never forget the day he ruined my reputation and embarrassed me in front of my peers.