Prolouge

A few months ago in Los Angeles, I found myself in the midst of the glitz and glamour that surrounded Hollywood

A few months ago in Los Angeles, I found myself in the midst of the glitz and glamour that surrounded Hollywood. It was my home, and I had become accustomed to rubbing shoulders with celebrities. The initial shock of meeting famous people had worn off over time, and now I had a rather monotonous reaction to such encounters. That was until I met Will Clements, a name that meant nothing to me until my fan-girling best friend, Chloe, came out of her shock long enough to inform me of his status as a celebrity.

In Los Angeles, football was a big deal. So, when a significant game rolled around, it was almost expected that I would be invited to a lavish party to celebrate. As someone who knew next to nothing about sports, let alone football, these gatherings held little appeal for me. However, being best friends with an influencer like Chloe meant that I had to adapt to her world. I found myself connected to everything and anything through social media, though I ensured my accounts remained private.

On this particular occasion, I sat at a random person's house during a football celebration, engrossed in a good book on my Kindle. Chloe was living it up while I played the role of the designated driver. It wasn't too bad, though. My attention was abruptly brought back to reality when a deep voice rumbled above me, interrupting my reading.

"Well, hello there, little lady. Can I get you a drink?" the voice said.

I glanced up to find a tall, blonde man towering over me, drink in hand. I let out a sigh inwardly, not particularly thrilled about fending off weirdos tonight.

"Not interested," I said curtly, rolling my eyes.

"Aw, come on, doll. You didn't even give me a chance," he persisted.

Before I could respond, another voice chimed in, rescuing me from the situation.

"Carter, stop bothering the girl. Can't you see she's not interested?" the newcomer said.

I turned my head to get a look at the person who had come to my rescue. He was a handsome brunette, with soft brown eyes and a chiseled jawline adorned with a hint of stubble.

Carter, the blonde guy I now knew by name, grumbled something and walked off.

"Sorry about him, he loves to flirt," the brown-haired guy said apologetically.

"Don't worry about it. I can handle a few creeps. No offense to your friend, though," I replied, finally able to relax a little.

He took a seat next to me on the couch and laughed. "He'll be fine."

"I'm Will, by the way. Will Clements," he introduced himself with a charming grin.