28 - Baby Steps

Will POV
I woke up with a major headache, probably because I was hungover.

Suddenly all the memories of last night flooded into my brain.

Ugh, I'm such an idiot, why'd I have to go get drunk, and have Alexis come get me of all the things.

I should go apologise to her, yea I will stop by the shop and and apologize.

I got ready to go, taking a quick shower and changing into a blue shirt and jeans.

Running a hand through my hair I put on some sunglasses. And got into my car, I texted Jeremy that I would be late meeting him at the office.

When I got there I heard laughing, one of the voices was Alexis, and another I couldn't recognise.

"Wow, Josh that is hilarious."

Josh.

"Ha ha I know right."

"Anyway after your shift do you wanna go get something to eat by any chance?"

I held my breath wait for her answer, please say no...

"I would love too, I just need to finish up these designs and we can head on out."

That's when I knew I had to intervene, there was no way in hell that I would allow this nobody to come into the picture and take my girl on a date.

I walked into the store and looked around.

"Hello Welcome to Primrose Bridal Boutique how may I..."

"Will!" she whispered screamed.

"What are you doing here?"

"I just came to stop by and thank you for last night."

"It's no problem Will, now could you please go, I have work to do."

"Hey Alexis I accidentally knocked down these fabric swatches."

"Oh, hello who are you?"

"I'm Will."

I say trying not to sound so bitter, I glare at him.

"And he was just leaving."

Alexis adds smiling at Josh.

"Oh yea your from the club right?"

"Yes."

"Do I know you from somewhere you look very familiar."

"I probably just have one of those faces." I gritted out.

"Yea! Now I know, your a quarterback La Loins right?"

I nodded, clenching my jaw.

"Didn't they loose the last game."

"Such a shame huh?" He chuckled

Ohhh he is gonna get it now, first he flirts with my girl, then he has the audacity to insult my team.

I glared at him, but quickly mask it.

"Well it was just a rough patch, we will win the super bowl, as long as my lucky charm is watching."

I looked over at Alexis, who was looking at her nails like they were the most interesting things in the world.

"Um yea for sure."

"Uh Josh how about you go into the back room and get my purse, I just need to talk to Will for a sec."

"Will, a part of breaking up is meeting new people ok?"

"I don't want to break up, why can't we just be on a break but not date others."