Nee Illamal Nan Illai 2

I Think hearing the bgm in the climax scene of Kok will be perfect for this part.

ONE MONTH LATER

Sivaangi was sitting outside his ward dressed up in a purple colour saree.His favourite colour. She looked like a goddess with light makeup and simple jewellery. Everything about her screamed ethereal except her eyes which held deep pain and suffering. She then got up and corrected her saree pleats before walking towards his ward.

"SORRY MAM HE WENT INTO COMA. WE TRIED OUR BEST ,BUT THE INJURY WAS TOO DEEP"

"ASHWIN,DOCTOR ENNAKU EN KOZHADHAIYA THIRUMBA KODUTHURUNGA UNGALA KENJU KEKKUREN"

"SORRY MAM"

"NAN ENNA VENA PANDREN ENNAKU AVARA THIRUMBA KODUTHURUNGA"

She sat on the chair next to his bed where he was lying with machines attached next to him. He was still in the purple hoodie she made him wear yesterday.

Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.

"Today is November 5.Enna naal nu nyabagam irukka? We were supposed to get engaged today. Neengadhan adampiduchinga namma enniku first meet pannoma anniku dhan engagement vekkanumnu. Decoration,menu,dress,rings,guest list nu ellathaiyum pathu pathu ready pannitu neenga mattum ipdi pechu moochu illama ipdi paduthutu irundha adhuku enna artham?Ennavittu ennaikum pogamaten kadaiseevara irupenu sathiyam pannitu ipdi paduthu kedakureenga? Unga kadaiseevara avlo dhana? Eppovum neenga enna vittu pogumbodu nan dhinamum kepan 'Neenga enna miss pannuvingala?' nu. Aana ennaku ovvoru moraiyum theriyum ennoda neengadhan enna alavuku meeri miss pannuvinganu. Naandhan unga muzhu ulagam nu theriyum. Unga ulagatha vittutu avlo seekram poidlamnu mudivu eduthu teengala?" she said with unshed tears in her eyes.

"Enna miss pannuvingala?Badhil sollunga" with that she broke down and started crying. After a few minutes she wiped her tears messily and took a tiny box from her bag. A bag which he gifted her for her last birthday.

"Adha vidunga"

"Inniku nammaluku nadakura maari Indha ulagathula yaarukum ivlo azhagana engagement nadanthirukadhunu nenaikaren" she said as she took out two platinum bands from the box. One of them which had a single tiny diamond with a A carved on it on it while the other simply had a S carved on it.

"Yen nu sollunga?" she asked as she slid the ring in his ring finger. "Because we are Ashwin and Sivaangi" .She picked his hand gently and made him slide the diamond ring on her ring finger."Ashaangi" .She held both of their hands together and seeing their engagement rings shining brightly she smiled through her tears.

"Muzhusa unakkena naan vaazhuren

Pudhusa dhinam dhinam ena paakkuren

Azhutha thozhula naan saanjupen

Alavillaama aasai vekkuren

Yeno thaano

Endru pona naalum

Ellaam neeye

Endru maaruthae

Yaarum illa

Neram vandha pinnum

Unadharugil kaadhal ondru

Kanden pennae"

And she knew that he would soon wake up and sing the last lines along with her as always. Because she believed in  kadavul setting .The same kadavul setting which made them both ASHAANGI. They were simply magic.

The ending was open as you all know that kadavul setting will always be there for them and   therefore you know the ending

How was it?

I finished it faster so uploaded it today itself.

I started this with idea of  recreating the climax scene of Kok but suddenly got an idea to do it in the reverse way.I dont if i have done justice to it. 

Kadhal Ondru Kanden will always be one of my favourite short films.It was the first time i saw Ashwin onscreen. I liked him in that short film but forgot him as i didn't see him in any projects there after. But i think there are many like me who liked him in Kok but truly fell for him because of his true character in CWC.

Do vote and comment if you like.

Thank You,

💜💜