Yandere! Will Graham x reader: An excuse to stay in (forever)

There were many reasons to love Will. The subtle ways he appreciated people, and the way he joked so subtly were your favourite. His wit was quick and sharp like a knife, and often his humor was more sarcastic than scathing even with his obvious ability to easily dismantle anyone verbally. But he chose not to. That was also one of your favourite things about him. Kindness. Past tense. Everything he did now seemed to have all those traits twisted. Now you hate it. Loathed it.

It started with this whole quarantine. It wasn't unusual for you to be worried about Will. Having been friends with him since very young, you were far too aware of his personality complications and the following issue of his lack of self care. It had only amplified when he had told you about his developed sleep walking when you had reconnected with him again. So, it was natural for you to visit him often, now that no one else did as they were keeping to themselves too. One day you were heating some dinner for the both of you, when he had jokingly suggested you might as well stay over with how much you visited to baby him. So you did.

Everything had gone smoothly, quite well actually. Domestic-ish life suited you well, and to say you didn't have a bit of a romantic inclination towards Will would be lying. It wasn't till about a week into you basically living together that you had your first real argument. You wanted to go shopping. Will might've been able to live off of fish, and although you enjoyed fish as much as the next person it wasn't your ideal weekly dinner plan. You had grabbed your car keys, but Will had harshly grabbed your hand. "Where are you going?" He had asked suspiciously. You were not used to seeing Will anything other than passive or frustrated or happy. This was something new, and you didn't like the way he looked at you. You were scared by the harsh hold on your hand, and he had quickly convinced you he was the one who should go shopping.

And that just naturally lead to Will doing all the shopping, or anything that required leaving the house for any reason. You didn't show it, but you were already scared by Will at this point. This was unlike him. But maybe he was just really worried for your health. Either way you stayed silent. But it only escalated.

You were sitting on the couch with Will, watching some mindless tv. You looked down at your phone, noting that it would be your sisters birthday in a couple days. You'd have to go out and get her something. You reached onto the coffee table and grabbed your car keys again, forgetting the man next to you. Instantly you felt him raise awake to your move, looking up at you with big ol' eyes. It almost looked like you had kicked a puppy, except it was Will Graham. "Where are you going?" He asked, mimicking the same words he had said the first time he had denied you freedom, his voice more stern and demanding than the sadness and desperation that his eyes portrayed. You sighed, faltering back in your seat unready to take the fight that was ensuing.

"It's my sisters birthday soon. I should get a present for her." You simply stated emotionless, trying not to give any ammo to what was arguably your enemy. You wonder how it got to this. "You can't do that. It's dangerous out there, especially for you." He scrambled over himself and his words almost desperately, as he scooted closer to you as you progressed your argument. "Will, I can't stop living. I'm going to go buy her something." You tried to get up, but was quickly apprehended by Will who shoved you back into the couch and onto his lap, wrapping his much stronger hands around your waist. "Fine, here is a compromise. Get out of my arms and then you can go."

It was playful, in a way. And you couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous the proposition was. He was well aware there was no possible way someone of your stature could get out of Wills arms which was much larger than your own. But then by his silence you realized he was serious. "Will, let me go." You tried to wiggle your way out of his arms, grabbing onto them and trying to pull them apart to no avail. He was stifling timid laughter behind you, like he didn't realize the reality in the situation. Like you were actually playing. "Will, you know I physically can't fight you, please let me go." You begged, getting desperate, slightly clawing at his arms. He just kissed the top of your head soothingly as your begging mutated into sobbing in frustration.

"I'm never letting go of you again. You're not safe out there." He whispered lovingly into your ear, as your sobbing was starting to tide over. "I'm the only one who can protect you."

And then you realized, far too late, that you had willingly walked into the lions den.