chapter 2: wandering

Wraith pov

I walked through the forest looking for anything about the Salem's knights as they seemed like the only way I could find anything about myself.

I kept going till I saw 2 faunus in grimm like masks. I hide behind a tree as I stalk them. "This is so boring", the first spoke. The other gripped a small bottle the said, "hey this is what happens for scouting around here. The worst you'll see is an ursa or nevermore". The second drunk from his bottle as I slowly got closer.

The first looked nervous then said, "um... do you ever feel like you are being watched when scouting? I mean a ghost could be following us after we you know... went into that small ruin". "Nope", the second one dismissed him as he kept drinking. "Bu-", the first was saying.

"Just shut up, I am gonna go take a pass so fuck off", the second said as he tossed the bottle in a bush then left.

I go up to the first who was still nervous. I then slide my sword to his neck and hold his mouth. "Where is the ruin you were talking about? Point and you will live, understand?" I threaten to which the guy nodded. The guy then pointed off in the distance. "Good", I say as I push him down and fly away.

I keep going till I see the a ruin of some old church with these masked faunus here and there.

"1,2,3,4... 4 enemies... ok", I whispered to myself as I got slightly closer. There was 1 enemy standing on the roof of the church as they held a rifle, 2 were patrolling the outside as the last was inside.

I go up inside a bush as one of the patrols got near. I let them go past so I could get the rifle man.

I fly up to them then stab through their stomach killing them. They rolled down the roof and hit the ground making the patrols worry as they go to the corpse. I took this opportunity to enter the church and slit the throat of the faunus inside. I look outside to see the 2 patrols run to get inside. "Bos-, what the hell!" Patrol faunus 1 yelled as I stood there ready to fight. "Shit, that grimm killed every!" The second yelled pulling out his sword. The first took out their sword then said, "w-well this Grim won't beat us Whitefang".

The first went up hitting me for 3 dmg.

1 hp left!

I then go and slice the first killing them quickly. "Man I love this sword", I thought to myself as I dodge the second whitefang. I go and slash atthe last whitefang hitting but he blocked my weapon taking only half the dmg. The last white fang then goes to hit me but misses the strike. I take the opportunity and go to hit. I cut them deep ending the last one.

Lv 3 gained. +5 points gained.

"Damn... need another rest again", I say as I lay on one of the wooden pews. After a while I get back up and keep going around. I look till I find a hole in the back of the church. "Guess this is it", I say to myself as I hop down into the dark.

Rwby pov

"Woo! 1st mission!" Ruby yelled as they were walking through the forest. "Remember Ruby, we are investigating a disturbance here not goof off", Wiess spoke in her serious tone. "Relax Ice Queen" Yang said "it's probably like a raging Ursa or something un"bear"ably weak". Everyone groaned at Yang's horrible pun. "It wasn't that bad", Yang said. "It was", Blake said as she was looking around.

"Oo oo what's that", Ruby asked hopping while pointing to a ruin. "Probably where we need to go, come on", Wiess said as the team went to the ruins. Yang looked around at the trees with scratch marks on them then said, "looks like a fight happened around here". "We can see that", Wiess said angrily. Yang just waved wiess off. Blake looked into the ruin entrance.

Blake pulled out her scroll and pointed into the dark ruins seeing a skeleton of a person. "I'm gonna guess they were the one fighting", Blake said as the rest of the team came closer. "Creepy", Ruby commented as they walked inside.

Soon they come up to a coffin as there were clawed hand prints on the coffin. Yang went and wiped away the dust showing a mark of a grimm humanoid face with 2 black swords crossed behind it in an X pattern. "We should tell Ozpin about this", Ruby said slightly worried. "Already on it", Wiess said taking a picture and sending it to Ozpin.

"So, who wants to guess what's in the box?" Yang suggested. "What?" Wiess asked confused on what Yang asked. "Well what could be inside?" Yang asked putting her hands on the coffin "could be gold, Grimm, or something else".

"I wouldn't open it", Blake said. Yang smirked then pushed the lid saying, "to late!"

The lid fell as inside was just a skeleton with a dented rusty helmet and rusty Dagger. "Really?" Yang asked. A notification went off from Wiess's scroll. Wiess looked down to see a text from Ozpin.

[Hold on, I will be there. It looks like we will have a bigger problem then just a simple large grimm or whitefang.]

Yang peaked over then said, "Wow Ozpin uses capitalisation on texts?" "Uh duh you dimwit", Wiess told Yang "he is our professor. Then another notification went off.

[Oh and don't open the coffin you will probably be cursed. (Coffee sip emoji]

"With... emojies... apparently", Yang said nervously. Wiess was smirking at Yang as Ruby was confused. "Wait, what happened?", Ruby asked. Wiess smiled then said, "Yang got cursed". "Oh", Ruby said not realizing what was said "wait what!"

/////

How was the chapter guys?