Dedicated to the person whose reaction to Adam's existence is their middle finger.

Chapter 1- Langa's POV.

I take a deep breath, feeling the skateboard under my feet rolling smoothly along the concrete as I position myself carefully, slipping up the skate ramp before back down again. Trying to keep my legs steady, I spin the board around once, twice, and attempt the third spin, but much to my dismay the board slips from underneath me and I fall backwards onto the hard ground.

"Ow." I wince.

"Langa! That was epic!" Reki cries, grabbing my hands and pulling me up as he laughs, "You actually spun twice that time!"

"Yeah, and I fell..."

"But you spun twice! Soon, you'll be able to do all three spins on the board, then you'll be able to do the spins on the deck! Then you'll have mastered the trick!" The excited redhead smiles.

I get up and attempt the difficult trick again, and I fall after two spins again. This time I hit the ground harder and it hurts more. I lie still upon the cold surface, angry with myself and already feeling a bruise forming on my leg.

"Why can't I do this?" I growl, squeezing my eyes shut. When I open them again, I see Reki standing over me and grinning.

"You're not gonna get anything done if you keep lying there," he informs me, holding his hands out for me to take, "maybe you should try again tomorrow, hm?"

"Fine..." I say, gripping his hands once again, letting him tug me up off the ground.

"C'mon. We can get ice cream on the way home?" He suggests brightly.

"Yes!" I exclaim, picking my skateboard up, "But... can you show me the trick one more time?"

I give my friend the best pleading, desperate puppy dog eyes I can manage, and he laughs at the look, most likely thinking of just how often I've asked him to show me the problematic manoeuvre "one more time".

"Okay." He says, dropping his board onto the ground again and skating to the centre of the park with grace and expertise.

I watch him, awe struck, as he moves the board in a quick circular motion, once, twice, three times, before he stands on the back of the deck so the board rotates without being on the wheels.

I admire the satisfied and passionate look on his face as he performs the next-to-impossible trick and the way he looks in the amber light being emitted by the low sun behind us. He's perfect.

Reki finishes the trick as I clap and cheer, and he playfully takes a bow.

"Yay, Reki! You're the best! Woo-hoo!" I cry, imitating an overly excited crowd.

"Thank you, thank you," he sighs dramatically, "I'd like to thank my family; and my friends: Joe, Cherry, and Shadow, oh, and Miya, and... hmm who else? Oh yes, my cat... and I think that's everyone!"

I gasp in mock offence and turn away.

"Ha ha! C'mon, Langa, I'm hungry!" Reki complains, slinging his arm around my shoulder as we walk out of the park.

I feel a light blush rise to my face when Reki doesn't complain as I wrap an arm around him too, and my complexion only turns a deeper shade of red as we walk along the footpath like that.

"You'll get it right eventually, don't worry." He reassures me, squeezing my shoulder.

We make it to the milk bar and Reki excitedly runs inside, no doubt scouring the ice cream fridge for honeycomb ice cream to fuel his mildly concerning addiction to it.

"We have an essay due tomorrow." I say, and as Reki hears these words, he smacks his head down on the table we are now sitting at, groaning.

"You forgot, didn't you?"

"I did not forget, Langa! I simply postponed the completion of it! Don't ruin the deliciousness of this ice cream by talking about school!"

"So, you want my help, then?"

He nods eagerly, not being able to talk due to the amount of honeycomb ice cream in his mouth. He looks funny and I burst out laughing.

"Well, well, if it isn't my favourite dumbass duo." An exasperated and very familiar voice sighs, the owner of the voice leaning casually against our table.

It's Joe, wearing his signature outfit of shorts and a patterned button-up shirt, which is more buttoned down than it is up.

"Hi Joe!" Reki says, still wearing that adorable grin on his face, "How's life?"

"What a question..." Joe sighs, looking wistfully into the distance.

"Why? What is it?" I ask him, recovering from my fit of giggles.

"You see, boys, you should never move in with your best friend. Ever." Joe explains, taking the seat next to Reki and speaking as if we're in a class, and he's teaching us a very advanced subject.

"And why is that, then? Cherry driving you 'round the bend?" Reki asks, perfectly casual, swirling his plastic spoon in his ice cream thoughtfully.

"How did you know who I was talking about!?" Joe demands angrily.

"Because you hang out with nobody else!"

"That is so untrue!"

"Prove me wrong, then."

Joe freezes, clearly thinking very hard.

"Langa." He states triumphantly, gesturing to me.

"Don't bring me into this." I smirk, eating more ice cream so I can continue being amused by the current pointless argument my friends are having.

"Shadow! Miya!" Joe cries desperately.

"Well done. You have us. Your little skating buddies." Reki says sarcastically as Joe sighs, irritated.

"Guess I'll go befriend those gorgeous ladies over there, then." The latter says, playfully waving to a small group of young women sitting a few tables away. I can't help but roll my eyes as I see them giggle, their faces flushing red at Joe's flirtatious action.

"Good luck with that one, genius." Reki snorts.

"Excuse you! I'm older than you, and therefore wiser, so don't take that tone with me." The green haired male scoffs.

"Right. Then, could you write my biology essay?"

"Don't try to get homework answers out of me, you little shrimp!"

"How old are you two again? Four?" I ask.

"Shut up. Why am I even talking to people eating strawberry and honeycomb ice cream?"

"You're funny, Joe." Reki says, his voice dripping with sarcasm and his eyes narrowed.

"Don't insult honeycomb ice cream around Reki unless you have a death wish." I advise.

Joe rolls his eyes obnoxiously but does give us a genuine smile.

"See you two tomorrow, then."

"See ya, Joe!" Reki smiles.

Reki and Joe's arguments are always comical and meaningless, and they never fail to make me laugh daily. Especially when they are about the most random things on the face of the planet. But Joe did raise a very important question.

"Why would anyone ever have anything against strawberry ice cream?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"No idea." Reki giggles.