Chapter 4- Reki's POV:

Kaiyo Amejisuto might just be my least favourite person on the planet.

The reason for my dislike towards him is stupid, and immature, and jealous, and I know that I'm an absolute bitch for thinking it.

I had shown Kaiyo around all day, mostly with Langa there too, and it had been okay, apart from something seeming off. I just kind of felt like the third wheel, and I didn't know why. Of course, I found out why eventually...

The thing that had made me so angry had happened before a class. I was walking there with Kaiyo, Langa was already in a different class, when Kaiyo asked me if it was alright if he asked a question.

I didn't like the way he had asked me, he seemed secretive and the corners of his mouth were perked up in a smirk, but it seemed more of a cruel expression than an amused one. It had made me feel weird, but I was tour guide in the form of teenager for the day, so I had said yes.

"Is Langa single?" He asked, so simply, as if people regularly asked such a question.

I mean they probably do, amongst themselves, since he's so fricking perfect. But nobody has ever walked over to me and straight up asked me if Langa was single.

"What?" I croak, feeling like he had just hit me with a fast-moving vehicle and left me to die a miserable death.

"Your friend. Is he in a relationship?"

"Uh... no..." I muttered softly, "why do you ask?"

"No reason," He smiled, blushing as he looked away, "he's just kind of cute."

The thought of Langa with someone who isn't me makes me want to throw up. I know I'm completely unreasonable by thinking that, since I'm not in control of Langa, but that's just my frame of mind...

"How was your new bestie?" Koyomi asks me after I get home.

"What?"

I had zoned out while sitting at the table, getting more and more angry, at someone I barely know at all.

Barely know at all, I think, exactly, Langa would never like him if he barely knew him. They met today. There's nothing to worry about...

"Kaiyo Amejisuto. Is he nice?"

"No." I say bitterly.

I didn't mean to say that, it's rude. As I was just irritably informing my overthinking brain, we barely know the guy.

"Woah," she laughs, sitting down next to me and giving me a look like she's a therapist, "must have been a bad day, huh?"

"He's not a bad person." I say, resting my head on my sister's shoulder, "He's just..."

"Just what?"

"Queer." I say absentmindedly.

"What do you mean?"

"Gay. Bi. Something."

"And what's wrong with that?" My suddenly angry sibling snaps, jumping out of her chair in disgrace.

"No! Nothing! I'm sorry, that's not what I meant..."

"Then what did you mean? Speak, oh unwise accomplice."

"Never mind." I sigh.

"No, tell me. You can't come off as a homophobe and not tell me what you're on about." She says, sitting back down, "You seem upset. What happened?"

"He likes Langa!" I cry, speaking without thinking. The sentence comes out a lot more distraught than I intended.

As if she has expected this turn of events, Koyomi nods.