Chapter 5: Delinquent

Standing in the middle of a fiery landscape, a black-haired man looked around in confusion.

'What happened? Didn't I return back in time?'

As he questioned reality, he turned his head at the sound of footsteps approaching him.

Facing them, he saw the man with white hair once again. His chilling yellow eyes sent shivers down Yuuma's back. As if standing in the face of a predator, his whole body stilled, wide-eyed.

"W-why... Why are you here?"

Taking a step forward, Yuuma took a step back in turn. The white-haired man showed no empathy, and only looked at him with detest.

"No matter where you run."

Scared by his approach, Yuuma started to scream for any word he could think of, to summon his save files.

However, nothing worked.

"No matter what tricks you have up your sleeve."

Scared for his life, he wondered if this was really it.

No! He didn't work this hard to just die here! Even if he didn't have his ability, he should still be able to escape somehow! He just had to think some more!

"AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Rushing towards him, with his broken sword, he screamed with what remained of his will.

However, he was quickly brushed off by the white-haired man.

"Ah!"

Falling on debris, the fire near him felt smothering hot. Looking up, it was as though the white-haired man was a giant, while he was just an ant. Raising his weapon, the man brought it down swiftly.

"I'll always hunt you down, Hideki Yuuma."

However, just before it reached his neck, Yuuma suddenly jolted his eyes awake!

"You're finally awake! I've been calling your name since forever ago!"

Breathing heavily, cold sweat running down his face, he looked around frantically.

"You... are you okay? Did you have a nightmare?"

Every sound was muffled, as he looked around with wide eyes.

There were childish posters on the wall, different children running around, and everything still seemed bigger than it usually was. Looking down, he could see his small and soft hands. The stinging pain from his swollen face was still present, and he still had his head.

He was... still in school.

It was... all a dream.

As it finally sunk in, he finally returned back to reality, his breathing still short and heavy. Taking a huge sigh, he leaned back on his chair.

"Oh. Are you back in reality? You should probably go to the nurse, or something. You're sweating like crazy. It's lunch break right now, so you should be able to go easily."

Turning toward Hanami, he had a feeling he would end up getting lectured again, if he didn't. So, begrudgingly, he heeded her words. It might be good to explore the school anyway, in his opinion.

"I'll go. I just haven't been myself today..."

Leaving his seat, he walked out the door.

...

Walking around the halls, he looked around the place. He really hasn't been here in a long time.

However, he couldn't just stand still, reminiscing. He came here for only one reason.