In Sickness and In Health

Well hello hello! No, this is not a marriage oneshot, the dear daikon got sick.

Requested by @Ssfrozen11

~~~~~~~~~

Nene Yashiro, your lovely heroine and female protagonist of the story, was currently feeling more sluggish than normal. She was now in class, learning about syntax methods and other math things that she couldnt focus on, after class was done, she took two steps towards the door before collapsing, Akane had willingly helped the daikon due to Aoi's frantic worry for her friend, she would have to take care of the girl when they got home.

By the next time Nene woke up, she was being tended to by Kou, who gently smiled at his sick friend, he switched out the washcloth with a cooler one and made sure it wasnt too damp.

The boy soon got up going to the door and motioning in the friends that were there, mainly the apparition friends, most were mokke, to which she gave soft pats to, there was even Yako there!

Nene looked around a bit, not seeing the boy she hung around a lot, a small frown planting itself on her features

"C'mon you toilet ghost! I dont care if you gotta wait for Yashiro-chan in the toilets! She wont be there!"

"But whyyyyy she always arrives on time! Even if she is a little late she still keeps me company!"

The sound of Akane-kun and Hanako-kun dragged out a hoarse giggle from the girl- causing a coughing fit that drew the attention of both boys, Hanako-kun's eyes widening when he saw his assistant lying on the medical bed of the nurses room. He quickly floated over and stuck to her side, looking at her with much worry.

"Yashiro... Are you feeling alright? Wait- no you probably feel worse than I did when I was sick.... Did you eat anything yet?"

Nene shook her head at the question, the ghost boy looking to Kou with a glare and a frown, the Minamoto boy pointed to a bowl of chicken noodle soup, which was still quite warm. Hanako grabbed the spoon and bowl, picking up some of the soup and moving it towards the daikon- who moved away from it, not feeling hungry despite not eating breakfast or lunch.

"Yashiro~ dont make me force feed you... Unless you want to be fed by turning into a fish~"

The girl glared at the ghost, turning on her side away from the boy, he was making threats that she knew he couldnt make. Nene stared towards the door, wanting to go home already, though she knew she wouldnt make it far before collapsing again.

Hanako moved infront of the girl, his face really close to hers, she was about to move him away before he kissed her, which she would have said something if her mouth wasnt filled with soup that the ghost had sneakily "ate".

Other than Nene now compelling to eat by spoon- she was more red than what her sickness gave her.

[Time skip]

Later in the day after Nene took another restful nap, the lovely daikon woke up, she didnt feel all that bad either... There was a soft snore next to her, when she looked, there was the boy that she worked under- on her medical bed- nuzzling his oddly cold face into her neck.

Nene stared at the boy for a bit, feeling her face heat up again, she didnt know what to do except for stay still, yet- her surprised expression softened, moving her arm and petting the boy's head, she didn't know where his hat was, but she didnt care, he was like a real boy again.

Nene shifted a small bit, a soft sigh escaping her as she looked at the boy's face, playing with his hair and moving it aside, giving him a soft kiss on the forehead.

"Awww... You couldnt have gone for the lips? They were right there too..."

Nene froze, moving back sharply and looking at the boy, his amber eyes looking at her playfully with a mischivous smirk, he wasnt ever asleep, he just made sure to try and keep Nene cool.

"KYAAAAA!! HANAKO-KUN YOU PERV GET OUT OF MY BED! I THOUGHT YOU WERE ASLEEP!"

Nene had pushed the boy out of her bed, causing him to thud to the ground with a small oof, she looked at the boy with that cursed blush that she so wanted to hide away-

"But Yashiro!! You didnt even think twice before kissing my forehead! So who's the pervert now?!"

With the yelling, Kou rushed in and stared at the two, a disapproving look being given to the appariton and a more so concerned one to Nene, since she was back to being flushed and red.

After a bit of explaining from the two, Kou had sighed, now going to scold the toilet ghost- that is until Nene spoke up

"I... I initially didn't mind... BUT THAT WAS BECAUSE I THOUGH YOU WERE ASLEEP! NOT ANYTHING ELSE! Ahem- it... It was fine- I'm... I'm sorry for giving you a forehead kiss without asking..."

Nene was looking away from the ghost boy, who was seeing a softer version of the daikon girl he grew to know. The boy gave a soft smile with a sigh, floating over to the girl and giving a proper kiss, it wasn't long before he poofed away, leaving Nene flustered and Kou wanting to murder the apparition.

Nene had touched her lips, a soft tingle over them, she sat alone now, her cheeks dusted with red, a little giggle coming from her as she moved of the bed, standing up with little to no difficulty, walking towards the door and leaving the room, looking back to see the boy waving to her, she giving a short wave back.

~~~~~~~~

"Have you heard...?"

After the moment Nene and Hanako had, it was only a short amount of time before the ghost boy had caught the uncommon cold, the mokke would stay far from him- and Yashiro would happily watch over the toilet-bound ghost, sometimes a soft laughter was heard if the other apparitions passed the nurses office, along with the sick mumblings of the boy.

"Hey Hanako-kun.... In sickness and in health, I'll always come to help you, alright?"

~~~~~~~~~
Well well, would you look at that- over 1k words and its only the second oneshot.

Please make sure to request for more!

Future oneshots:
Angel x Devil
Pirate au
Human x Mermaid
Reincarnation au
Prom au
Cat au
(Others soon!)