Reincarnate of the Heart

(Requested by: @WanderingWanda123 )

It takes one glance to know someone will come back again from death as a reincarnation, at least that's what the apparitions knew...

Most don't talk about it, reincarnation is a tricky business, you never know what time you will come back, or if you would be the same person again- but somehow, it only works on humans, the Mokke have tried before and all they know is that the one who succeeded was reincarnated as a rabbit.

For a vast world, reincarnations take a long time to finalize, switching in and out of bodies and deaths, it's a doozy for a lost soul trying to find its place in an unstable world. But that didn't stop for the humans that reincarnated, specifically Nene and Amane they made a special bond that kept with them, even if it didn't fully show until they were teens.

~~~~~

The first time the two met wasn't in Kamome, but instead in a kingdom of sorts, of course things went well, both of them taking over their respective king/queendoms, deciding to marry and conjoin into one Kingdom and live happily, yet Nene had gotten ill and passed in their second year of marriage, leaving Amane to alone for the rest of his life.

The second time? Victorian era, world of vampires and things, Nene had gotten lost on her way to a ferry and had to stay in a strange hotel, this time Amane was renamed as Hanako, a vampire of sorts that was the employer of the hotel. Of course, like clockwork, by the middle of the second year she had passed by a mysterious happening, Hanako once again had to be alone before he decided to go on again.

Third? Early 1940's. Amane was back! But seeing as it was in the middle of WWII, he was old enough to be enlisted, where he met Nene again, she was a nurse this time, a nagging sense of familiarity washing over him as he grew close to her. Yet once again, calamity, while tending to wounded, an air raid bomb struck the medical area she was in, the mention of it only getting to Amane a few days later, sending the boy on a bloody massacre out of grief, using his army-issued knife most of the time, getting killed in combat.

The next time was finally at the school, and we all know how that's going, but what if it was different? What if Hanako found a way to keep Nene from dying over and over again? That would lead him to be able to also find a way to stop himself from reliving birth to death without Nene the full way. Yet it was a little different for them, considering that in her second school year- she would once again die, it was an endless cycle- and he wanted it to stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah yes, not everyone can forget the first day of school, everyone from the middle school was now moved up and the eldest of them were now first years, that including Nene Yashiro, a lovable daikon legged girl that was our hopeless romantic.  Upon arrival at the school for orientation, Nene met up with her childhood friend, Aoi Akane, the most popular girl in school! It was strange how she was friends with her, but that didn't mean much, considering that there was a special little ghost watching Nene from the banisters.

Hanako had to be very quiet and try and stay out of sight from that exorcist boy, he knew nothing would go right if Teru was to get a hold of him... Speaking of Teru- he was the student council president, so he had to do orientation speeches- which wasn't too bad considering he was also popular for his looks...