The Stars That Shine

Nene looked to the stars, her day had gone as normal, teased about her legs and told she looked like a daikon, it was like this every day. The girl sighed, wishing silently to the stars to take her away from this place, she missed Kamome Gakuen, her first school.

She had to move away due to her father getting a raise from work, and he mother moved her along because she was worried that Nene wouldnt survive on her own, so she was now stuck at a new school in the middle of her first highschool year. "It isn't fair!" she had told them, hoping they would understand, but the response she got wasn't as hopeful for her understanding "Nene, your father worked very hard for this, you didn't want to stay in a small apartment, right?" Nene stared at her mother in disbelief, she was happy back at Kamome, she had her friends there. "I want to go back! Aoi misses me, and she calls when she has time, but I barely get to talk to her!" Her mother looked at her, sighing and walking away, the conversation was dropped and Nene went to her room.

As she was there, she pulled out some clothes that she had been keeping under her bed for the few months they were there, just waiting for the right opportunity, and with a plan, she slipped on her favorite blue shorts, paired with a red long sleeved shirt, her favorite white socks, her brown sneakers and her necklace, the only thing that could really make her feel better, since it was a goodbye present from Aoi. Nene looked over the lip of her window, it wasn't a long drop, but it would lead to a few scratches.she looked to her closet, pulling out a packed bag of canned ravioli, a first aid kit, and some things that she read on the internet for a decent survival of a runaway.

Nene had looked at her door, deciding to lock it to keep her mother out, they won't know she was even gone until the school day starts again.  She opened her window, taking a deep breath before jumping into the night sky, it hurt a little bit as she landed, but not too much, her ankle twinged a little bit and she felt dizzy, but she ignored it and took off running, knowing she had to leave before someone saw her.

"I wish we could've met sooner" a voice softly whispered, but Nene did not hear, for she was running and the wind was in her ears

Time skip

Nene ran across the grassy field, she had decided to avoid all known walkways of the city, considering it would be better to have an easy way of removing her trace by grass. She knew she needed to find somewhere safe to hide for the rest of the night, and if she did that she would be able to move more in the morning, but even then, nighttime travel was safer and far from anyone while they slept.
Once she reached a large tree she stopped, resting her body against the rough bark, feeling a sense of comfort. She looked around, noticing the moon shining brightly and illuminating the ground, the branches were heavy, so it wouldn't matter what happened, but Nene still felt uncomfortable without any light source, something about being out here made her nervous.

She looked up to the sky, looking at the many stars that dotted the night, she let out a soft sigh, watching them as she felt safe and protected. Her eyes started watering slightly, she tried to stop it, but the tears kept falling down her face, no matter how hard she tried. She wanted to go home, her real home, the one that let her be near a friend and have a normal school life- 'why did father have to get a raise... He could have stayed in our small apartment and save up money for parks or school fundraisers'

When she looked at the sky again, Nene saw that the stars had shifted slightly, blinking in and out again, confused by their actions, Nene stood up, moving away from the tree and out from under its shade. As she did so, a swift wind rustled the leaves and a snap sounded, a branch sticking upright where the girl had been sitting. "....I could have died- why thank you for saving me dear stars." The stars blinked twice, a form of a thank you? Nene shrugged, maybe a trick of her eyes, she was tired due to her movements and emotional exhaustion.