Chapter 8: You can pick your friends.....

Y/n sat outside the exam room, waiting for the rest of team LEET to get out of hell-I mean tests. He had a pretty easy time of it, all things considered, since whoever was sitting next to him was smart as hell and didn't cover their test. Really, the perfect combination.

As the rest of team LEET came out, Lee frowned at Y/n.

Lee: "How the hell did you finish it so fast? I've seen you study, if we can even call it that."

Y/n: "Because I'm a goddamn genius."

Lee: "....... Who was sitting next to you agai-"

Y/n: "So, we should hang out in the city today, right? Vytal's in two months, but teams are starting to pour in, so this is our best chance to scope 'em out."

Lee sighed, he knew he was changing the topic, but, they already planned on doing the exact same thing.

Timeskip brought to you by some joke that I don't have the mental capacity to write.

As team LEET walked to the harbour, they discussed the answers on the test.

Lee: "Right, right. And what did you guys answer for Question 10? The one about Semblances and their limits? It was just that one cannot control the elements without Dust, right?"

Tav: "And changin' the shape of ya body."

Lee turned to Tav with a look of painful realization on his face, as he tried pointing his gun at his head but Y/n and Tav stopped him.

Y/n and Tav: "NONONONONONO-"

Lee: "I must die, 99 out of 100 marks are not enough."

Ella then took the gun away from him as both of them breathed a sigh of relief.

Ella: "Suicide is a form of dishonour. Let me do-"

Y/n snatched the gun away before she had a chance to finish that sentence. She sighed and shrugged as the team continued on their path. As they did, however, they ran into a certain black and white haired pair from RWBY, arguing with each other.

Blake: "Even if he WAS part of the White Fang, that doesn't mean you should call him a mongrel!"

Weiss: "Oh, I'm sorry, what's wrong with calling a mongrel what he is? Should I also stop referring to this lamppost as a lamppost? Or this trash can as a trash can?"

Y/n: "...The trash can is called Weis-"

He wasn't allowed to finish the sentence due to a slap from the ice queen.

Weiss: "Don't push those freaky ears where they don't belong."

Y/n: "And here I was, thinking Cardin was the greatest roaster ever, but no, obviously you have him beat in insult quality!"

Before anything more could happen, Y/n was dragged away by Tav as Weiss and Blake were dragged away by Yang and Ruby. Yang winked at Y/n as they left, towards the dorms, although her smile felt a bit forced.

Timeskip brought to you by a PSA: Racism is bad. (Audience gasping noises)

Blake sat at a table in a cafe, slowly sipping her tea, unlike the monkey Faunus in front of her, Sun, who was gulping it down. She had accidentally revealed that she was not only a Faunus, but also a White Fang member to her team, and was now on the run. She had just finished pouring her heart out to Sun about her past. She didn't know why, maybe she just felt a kinship since he was also a Faunus, maybe she just needed someone to talk to and he was the closest one there, either way, it was out in the open now.

Sun: "So...what are you gonna do now?"

Blake: "... There's a lot of things the White Fang did, but I'm certain that they couldn't have stolen all that Dust. We-I mean, they aren't thieves. There's another shipment of Dust to the docks today, I'll find out the truth there."