Chapter 1: "I'm a thief, not an asshole!"

A boy with a dull white hoodie, and black pants was walking around Vale aimlessly. This was Y/n L/n, a Fox Faunus, who had currently hidden his fox ears under his hood, and tail under his pants.

Y/n: God, this is uncomfortable. But, the tail would get me noticed. Hmm...what to find, what to find, what to find...

He finds a Dust shop called 'From Dust till Dawn', and walks inside.

Y/n: First of all, good wordplay. Second of all, the store seems empty enough to raid. As long as I can take juuuuuust enough to not be noticable. Girl in the red hood probably not gonna pay attention. And the shopkeep seems old enough to not see me taking a bit extra Dust. Maybe I'll buy one crystal, make him think that I'm a normal customer. Then, sell it in the black market, and, with that kind of money, I could probably survive for a good six months or so....probably eight if I'm careful with my food habits...

Thinking so, Y/n walks in, and smiles at the shopkeep.

Y/n: "Hey, don't mind me, just checking out the crystals."

Shopkeep: "Of course! Any Dust enthusiasts are welcome in here. Would you like me to help you pick something out?"

Y/n: "No thanks, I got it."

The shopkeep nods, and goes back to his business, as Y/n starts browsing the store, and doing some "shopping", at a 100% discount. He makes sure to only take a few bits, so that no one would notice.

It was going well, up until the shop was raided by who seemed to be Roman Torchwick, resident mafia douche and Saturday morning villain extraordinaire, and his goons.

Y/n: Great, now I have to compete? Torchwick's been getting nothing but Dust as of late.....fuuuck....Maybe I can pretend to be a hero, then the shopkeep would owe me?

His thoughts were interrupted by the bright-red hooded girl, beating the shit out of many of the goons, and throwing them out of the store with a giant scythe.

Y/n: "....Neat."

Y/n seized the opportunity, grabbed some extra Dust, and then pulled out his weapons, running towards the action. Why? Because he felt like it.

He dodges out of the way of a wild punch, and quickly returns an uppercut, followed by a shot to the face, knocking the guy out, as he looks at the shopkeep.

Y/n: "Rough night, eh?"

The shopkeep nods, as Y/n smiles charmingly at him, before following the red girl and Torchwick, who were on a roof. He grapples up to the roof, and turns his guns into swords, as he looks at Torchwick dramatically "committing suicide".

Y/n: "That's his favorite trick, he loves jumping to his death, and coming in on a vehicle!"

Red: "...First of all, who are you, second of all, can I see your weapon after this, and third of all, how do you know that guy?"

Y/n: "I'll tell you when we're done, maybe, and I don't wanna tell."

Roman comes back up in a helicopter, as he laughs at the girl, before looking at Y/n.

Roman: "Y/n, it's been a long time! Well, it's been fun, Little Red, but, I've got to make my exit."

Saying so, he retreats back into the heli, as a woman comes out, and quickly starts sending balls of fire at the two, which they dodge, barely, but Y/n almost gets hit by a rogue fireball, before a shield comes up in front of him, saving him. He looks at the new person who just joined in, who was a blonde lady with librarian clothes, who fired off....some sort of energy at the helicopter, before the heli escaped.

Y/n: "Aaaalrighty then, that was fun, I'll be heading off no-"

Librarian lady: "No, you won't. You'll be coming with me."

Red: "I am so confused."

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Y/n stealing Dust from Chibi Roman while he default dances over an angry Chibi shopkeep.

Y/n was sitting outside of the room where the red-hooded girl, Ruby, as she told him, was being interrogated. He saw a man with grey hair walk in, and, after five minutes of nothing, Ruby ran out in a daze, as the man stood by the door, and looked at Y/n.

??: "Your turn."

Y/n reluctantly walks in, and looks at the two.

Y/n: "I was helping because it's the right thing to do, yes, I taught myself, no, I don't wanna be part of whatever you're offering."

??: "My name is Professor Ozpin. And, Mr. L/n, I'm quite impressed at your skills. Especially the person-reading. You knew all the questions I was going to ask!...Well...not all of them."

Y/n: Fuck, does he know about the stealing? "Uhhh....Ask away, sir."

Ozpin: "Well, first, we must talk about what's under that hood. After that, we can talk about all that Dust you've got."

Y/n sighs, and looks down.

Ozpin: "Lastly, we must discuss some terms, so that we can get you into Beacon."

Y/n: "Saw it coming. Do you think that maaaybe I could get a reduced sen-wait, what?"

Ozpin smiles at Y/n's attempts to look disinterested, even if he was extremely eager to hear the details.

Ozpin: "You heard right. Reports say that you have...quite an interesting Semblance. And, the recordings in this chip I'm holding right now, are the only current evidence of your....borrowing. Here's the deal. I want you to be on my side, as a student at Beacon, and, in return, you get to destroy these recordings."

Y/n: He looks absolutely calm...Shit. I can't read him. Wait, Beacon? Like...Huntsman shit? Hmm....Sounds interesting....Oh well, why not.

Y/n: "...Deal."

Ozpin passes the chip to Y/n, while shaking his hand.

Ozpin: "Class begins a week from now. You'll need your weapons, extra clothes, and some money in case of an emergency. And, Mr L/n, as an instructor, I always want my students to accept who they are, so, I would prefer it if you didn't hide your...specialities."

He stands up, and starts walking away.

Ozpin: "Please note that you will be free to leave if you wish. Congratulations, Y/n. You're a free man."

Y/n stares at the chip for a while, as he considers what just happened.

Y/n: ......what the fuck