Fluffy Weapon

While Bella was away, Charlie couldn't take me somewhere, so the dead bodies were watching over me. Not that I needed to be watched, he doesn't want me to feel lonely. We were all in the woods for some reason, and they gave me a cloth to sniff. Oh, so we're playing 'find,' okay. Inhaling the scent, wait a minute... I know this scent... it's that evil walking corpse... sneezing, I growl and smell the ground rather than the air. I'll get her this time! They laugh at my sneeze.

   Not waiting for them, I take off on their left, nipping at her ankles. Dodging roots, branches, and the Cullens, I get close enough to attack before she jumps over the river. Growling at her smirk, I sniff the air backing up. "She's going to get away!" One yells, hearing someone else tell her she isn't. Running right in line with her on my side, my eyes never leave her form. She jumps on my side when the wolves almost get her.

   As the redhead dodges Emmett, the others notice Shadow run diagonally and are confused as she goes deeper into the forest. Victoria starts jumping in the trees; Jasper barely misses her by a hair. When she starts heading towards the edge again, "Emmett no!!!" Rosalie yells as Emmett jumps to reach the other side, and Paul, in his wolf form, blocks him with his black and silver body.

   The two growled at each other, both pissed and frustrated. Meanwhile, Shadow jumps across the at least 25-foot-wide river. Landing just before the poorly dressed vampire stops running, smirking slightly, turning to watch her small victory. Her red eyes widen when she meets the caramel brown orbs of Shadows and her pearly white that latch onto her arm. The Cullens gasp, causing the growling wolf and vampire to stop and turn towards the others' eye line.

   None of them have heard the sweetest dog ever growl this violently. Watching as her head shakes and she locks her jaw onto the crystallized arm and vigorously shakes her head while tugging with all of her might. It was then they all realized that she was not only a very well-trained police dog but was also a fluffy weapon. Getting over the initial shock, the wolves jumped in to help; they were a second too late, though. Victoria flung Shadow away from her, her arm had a huge gap missing and deep scratch marks in her clothing and side.

 ☽🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

At the Swans' house, the sun was setting. Charlie was asleep downstairs. He had spent the last 32 hours on the missing kids' case. Charlie was out cold while Bella was out with Jake, and Shadow was creeping up the stairs. She smelt a sickly sweet corpse smell, finding it the strongest right behind Bella's door once again. This one didn't smell like any of the Cullens who had earned her trust.

   Seeing a shadow sniff around Bella's room and touch her things, the K9 crouches down, ready to pounce. Once he touches Bell's favorite nightshirt, Shadow loses it. the Dutch shepherd growls, pouncing. Riley gasps as he doesn't even hear her breathing. She aims right for his neck as she did with Edward when he first snuck through the window. The figure moves at the last second. Shadow latches onto his arm, her growls, and barks muffled by Riley's arm and clothing. He's slower than Corpse Boy.

   When Riley got Shadow off of him and was in a position where she wouldn't go after him again, he quickly grabbed Bella's red shirt, setting things back to where they were so no human would get suspicious. Hearing a heartbeat, he went downstairs and saw Charlie. The Chief's sleeping form, looking at the missing person's file on his lap. Riley leans down and smells Charlie, only to feel a sharp pain in his ankle.

 ☽🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

Charlie wakes up and fixes himself dinner when he doesn't see Bella there. He rolls his chocolate brown eyes as he gets more frustrated, filling Shadow's bowl as well. After he's done eating, Bella walks through the door, walks to the kitchen entrance, and leans against the banner. "Y'know, he could at least respect dinner time."

   Bella scoffs slightly, "I was actually with Jacob." Slightly surprised by this, Charlie hears the knock on the door. The chief tells her he'll give them some privacy and leaves. Bella answers "Edward I told you I was safe."

   "Do you know how worried I was about you?" His black eyes check over her to see if she is hurt when he smells rust in the air. "Something's wrong. Did Charlie get hurt?" Bella stutters a no, and Edward rushes upstairs, going into Bella's room. Her room reeked of an unknown vampire and blood. Bella comes up and asks him what's wrong. "Someone was here, but that's not the only thing." Going to the other side of Bella's bed he bends down and picks up Shadow, she whimpers in pain catching Charlie's attention.

   Her staggering breath scared everyone in the house, "do you think your father could work his magic on dogs?" Edward tells Charlie that he can try, and they all jump into his silver Volvo, rushing to the vampire's nest. "It's going to be okay, girl, you're going to make it, I promise. Just hang on a bit longer, good girl." Edward's unbeaten heart breaks when he hears him comfort his weeping dog and pet her. Parking in his driveway, Charlie gets out and carefully picks up Shadow. Running up the steps and through the front door, panicking as Shadow's breath gets more shallow. "Please help her, Carlisle, please."

   This shocks everyone within hearing distance as the two go towards a separate room so he can operate and the family can talk. No one's ever heard or seen the proud chief show so many emotions. Jasper's feelings were everywhere, not only was he feeling Shadow's pain but also the entire house's emotions. Venom in his eyes, knowing the tears would never leave. Since family game day, he's felt a connection to Shadow. Since they both can sense others' emotions and they both seem to understand each other. His heart broke, feeling her pain, fear, and helplessness. She was lost, and he could do nothing about it before Carlisle gave her amnesia.