Companions

To say Jasper was not only insulted but also hurt by his father figure's words was the understatement of the century. "What..." He harshly let out, not able to wrap his head around how out of the blue this was. "He is family; we don' just throw away family, Carlisle!" Loki runs up and gets in front of Jasper protectively. Growling, not liking his best friend in distress, Jasper's protective feeling only grows as the wolf gets in front of him. "I've sat here and done right by you and this family." Everyone is now looking at the two, wondering what is going on. "Loki is no threat, nor is his little bundle harmin' anyone. I have stood by your family's decisions, even not killing Bella after the incident or turning Shadow when we had the chance. But I am not lettin' go of Loki. I am not losing another." Jasper runs off quickly, and Loki runs after him, scared for his partner.

   While Loki was tracking down Jasper and the blonde cowboy was trying to cool off and not lose control, the family turned back to their coven leader. Everyone had the same questions running through their minds: why would we give up Loki and his family? Is Jasper going to come back? What is going to happen to their family? As minutes turned to hours, the family grew more and more worried, and even the wolves started to pace. Alice hadn't said a word to anyone since the whole ordeal started, she wouldn't even ease their minds and tell them if the duo is coming back.

 ☽🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

Meanwhile, deep in the forest, miles and miles away, sat the raging cowboy on a boulder by a waterfall. Grumbling to himself, an ash wolf sneaks up to him, ready to pounce. Just as the wolf is about to get his "prey," Loki jumps and intercepts them, fighting the wolf and scaring it off. After knowing the wolf is gone, he walks up to the boulder, lifts up on his hind leg, and leans up towards his favorite person, barking to get the poor cowboy out of his dilapidating thoughts. Just like how they first met, Loki wanted to play and make his person happy again. They spend hours playing, Jasper venting, swimming, and lying down while Jasper stares up at the stars. With a sigh, Jasper started petting his wolf, "What am I going to do, Loki? I'm tired of being viewed as the weak link. They always watch over me like I'm this vicious animal." The wolf whines slightly, feeling despair, and lays more on him to comfort him. "Don't worry, I'm not leaving you behind; we've been through so much to just dump you like trash." Loki licks his scared porcelain hand.

   When the two finally show their faces at the family home, they are tackled by their mates. After a small chuckle, Jasper takes an unneeded breath and looks at Loki and then Alice for reassurance. With a nod from his mate and Loki now by his side, he and his wolf walk into the beautiful house with determination and pride. "We were so worried about you son." Carlisle was the first one to speak up after seeing the surprisingly calm Jasper walk back into their home. "I didn't mean to upset you or make you feel like your opinion isn't valued by us." The cowboy nods and pets Loki to stay calm as he looks around at his family. "I'm not giving him up. He is as much a family as any one of you." As the others agree, they apologize to both Jasper and Loki before going off and doing their own thing.

 ☽🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

It's been seven years since then. Renesmée is now fully grown as a vampire half-bred, living in Canada, so they aren't far from Charlie. It turns out Hati was older than her mate and died after having her second litter. She left the world with her love, never leaving her side once. Loki howled and refused to eat, mourning for a week before he stepped up to the plate. He has been a great father, and Charlie got two pups from that litter.

   His pup Thor never left his side, and when the second litter came and went, they both now had Loki Jr, or LJ, as everyone likes to call him. The two brothers have been inseparable. Jasper loves watching them rough house and hunt together. Knowing Loki is getting older, and some grays have come in slowly, he is still as intelligent, playful, and cunning as he was as a pup. He goes off to play with the oldest wolf, laughing and enjoying the peace while he can.