Jasper's Pain

Rosalie takes a step to go towards Jasper so she can get this training over with. The injured dog, not liking being tested or challenged, pounces and latches onto her jugular. The wolves and others are surprised; Shadow's caramel eyes narrow in as she hovers over Rose's body slightly, growling protectively over her prey. The others go to stop her and pull her off of Rosalie, but Shadow growls, moves back while dragging Rosalie, slightly digs her teeth in deeper, and cracks shift around her mouth. Making the sarcastic vampire tense and gasping for unnecessary air. "Rose, stay still, okay? Play dead if you have to." The wolves were even worried for the buff vampire's wife. The vampires didn't see the damage Shadow had caused to Victoria.

   The blonde girl went to make a snarky remark, but her voice was cut off by Shadow's teeth digging deeper into her cracking skin. She was more on guard than usual, with a muffled bark vibrating into her porcelain skin. Emmett gets ready to kill,  as his eyes turn black instantly, and making himself bigger to protect his mate. "Jasper, she seems to be protecting you, so you'll have to see if you can calm her down," Carlisle suggested calmly with a hint of concern. Jasper hesitantly steps forward and shows the dog he's okay. All of the wolves become worried as they and the vampires smell her blood. "She tore open some of her stitches," the doctor concludes.

   Edward steps up, remembering that he had trained a bit with her before she gave him the cold shoulder. "Shadow! Release!" The police dog hesitates before the corpse boy strictly repeats the command. Her posture changes instantly, confusing everyone, as she slowly lets go of Rose's neck, growling and huffing. "Heel!" They all watch as she goes right to Edwards' heel, standing with her fur still on end, licking her jowls, annoyed while her caramel eyes stay trained on Rose, and he pets her. "Good girl, Shadow." Her tail wags slightly at the praise as he scratches her favorite spot. Edward let out a chuckle, once he stopped Shadow's eyes dart to her pup, never leaving Jasper's figure wanting to make sure he was okay. Carlisle fixes her stitches, Edward decides to show off, and she is given some simple commands so that she doesn't tear herself open again. The wolves watched in interest and curiosity. "While these two knuckleheads were making fun of me for buying toys and treats. I was training her and learning her commands. Not only as a way to get close to Charlie and earn his trust. Look who's laughing now, boys," his sideways smirk never left his pale face. Just then, Shadow nips his hand for being too cocky, causing the vampires to laugh and shifters to smirk.

🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

Once training wrapped up, they let her check on Jasper. She was by his side in an instant, sniffing and looking him over. Both of them were so happy to see the other was okay. Her whines and whimpers of happiness echoed slightly throughout the forest; everyone who was paying attention was smiling. especially when his coven heard Jasper's laughs reach their ears. Once they've settled down, Jasper gets up and calls Shadow over to follow him. Which she proudly does, trotting next to the soldier. On the way to the truck, Bella stops the cowboy and asks him how he knows so much about all of this. "I didn't have quite the same upbringing as my... adopted siblings." Rolling up his charcoal sleeves to reveal a good handful of teeth-shaped scars, some of which the human can see. Teeth marks almost littering his arms, Bella gets off of the Jeeps hood and comments on how they're like her bite mark. "Battle scars."

   Jasper's sideways smirk fades away as he remembers his past

   Jasper's sideways smirk fades away as he remembers his past. "All the training the Confederate Army gave me was useless against the newborns." Hearing the pain in his voice, Shadow nudged his hand to let him know she was there. "Still... I never lost a fight." The smirk comes back slightly as he looks down at his supposed packmate. Jasper goes to leave, but Bella follows and is amazed at how historic the vampires are. "I was the youngest major in the Texas cavalry," his Texas twang coming on thick as he tries to keep his alter ego buried. "All without having seen any real battle." Bella encourages him to continue "until I met a certain immortal." Looking straight ahead of him as the memories flood in, "Maria."

🕯️ ͟͟͞͞➳🕷🕯️

A blonde decorated soldier rides across the lands. The present is Jasper talking to Bella. "I was riding back to Galveston after evacuating a column of women and children. When I saw them, I immediately offered them my aid." Shadow sits next to Jasper, leaning on him slightly as a hug. The moonlight lit the land as Jasper made it to three women in saloon dresses, standing barefoot. Getting off his horse, Jasper takes off his hat, steps towards them, and bows as they all discuss who will turn him. "Major Jasper Whitlock, ma'am," the decorated soldier introduces himself. Their red eyes never leave his tall stature; Maria comes up to him and wishes him luck because she likes him a lot. Maria walked up to him slowly before tilting his head and biting into his neck.

   Bella asks him why Maria was creating an army, and Jasper continues with his arms crossed over his chest. "They were very common in the south. There were constant, brutal battles for territory. Maria won them all. She was smart, careful, and she had me." The newborn Jasper flips another newborn onto his back by the throat. "I was her second in command. My ability to control emotions served her well." He stands up and looks at the new group of freshly bit vampires. "I trained her newborns." Jaspers red eyes watching two sparring, one was a young boy no older than 12. "An endless occupation. Since she never let them live beyond their first year." The boy loses, and Maria comes up and kisses Jasper before whispering into his ear. "It was my job to dispose of them."

   The night after he loses the fight, the boy sits on a stool looking at the moon. Jasper comes up, tussles his brunette hair, and pats his shoulder twice before slightly leaning against the frame of the barn window. The boy stands up, coping the older vampires' actions, Jasper glances at the boy pain and anguish were apparent on his face. He suddenly takes in a sharp breath through his nose, "I felt everything they felt." You can hear how broken it made him just by his voice, causing Shadow to whine. The newborn Jasper quickly headlocks the boy as the younger one groans and struggles, with fear running through his veins before Jasper twits off his head. Shadow licks his palm to ground him to the present.

   Venom fills his eyes as the golden-eyed Jasper looks towards Bella. "I thought what Maria and I had was love. "But I was merely a puppet to her. She pulled the strings. I didn't know there was another way. Till I found Alice." Jasper kneels down and pets Shadow for comfort, smiling slightly. "Now she'd seen me coming, of course." Alice appears on Jasper's side. The cowboy vampire stands up at the sight of his mate, and she jokes about him keeping her waiting. "My apologies, ma'am; I don't know what I'd become without her." They both smile and kiss.