Our Little Big World :Seventh Song - Lie 2 Me

Dana closed her eyes and forced herself to sleep. It's their first game tomorrow. She needs to have  a goodnight's rest.

Yet the memories of what happened earlier keeps flashing back. Even when she's awake and much more when she closes her eyes.

She looked at Jem's social media accounts as she saw a few picture of them, happy in McGonalds.

She closed her eyes and let down her phone.

She could still hear Jem's words earlier.

==========

"What's wrong beb?" Dana asked Jem whom she followed near the pool.

"Wala Dana..." Jem replied almost immediately.

"Come one beb, tell me." Dana said as she poke Jem's shoulder, she knows Jem always love this gesture but to her surprise, Jem just smiled and shrugged it off.

"Wala." Jem answered swiftly.

Dana forced a smile and replied, "Okay." While raising both of her hand as a sign of surrender.

"I..." Jem paused as she looked at Dana, "I want..."

"Want?" Dana asked.

Jem took a deep breath before saying, "I want to go home. Thanks for the invite."

Dana was quite shocked that she wasn't able to stop Jem from leaving. When she was able to regain composure, she went after her.

"Jem, wait." Dana called out.

Jem stopped walking and faced Dana.

"Wait?" Jem asked, clearly agitated. "Pinapahintay mo ako Dana Leanne Brual?" Jem asked again.

Dana was taken aback by Jem's reaction with the word.

"Hindi mo ba alam kung gaano ako katagal nag hintay sayo Dana?" Jem growled at her, "Putang ina Dana, nag mukha akong tanga ng ilang beses kakahintay sayo. Sa gate namin, sa cafeteria, sa soccer field. Putang ina pati nga sa waiting shed, inabutan na ako ng lintek na ulan kakahintay sa iyo. Putang inang wait yan. Ayaw ko na mag hintay Dana."

Dana felt Jem's pent up emotion pierced her heart, she tried to explain her situation.

"Alam mo naman na may practice ako diba? Na hindi ko hawak oras ko." Dana explained.

"I know Dana, pero wag mo akong paasahin, pag hintayin, pag mukhaing tanga!" Jem replied.

Dana wants to de-escalate the situation before it erupts into a full blown shouting contest. 

"Pag usapan natin to Jem, ayusin natin to." Dana pleaded.

Jem just looked at her plainly before asking, "Ayusin? Bakit? Ano ba tayo? Ano ba kita?" Jem asked the same question Dana asked her previously before leaving.

The shocked Dana watched helplessly as Jem leave.

======

Jem could barely get a wink of sleep.

Her thoughts, her emotions were mixed.

So many, too many things happened in one day.

She paused remembering how the day started.

How Brei helped her coped up with Dana's absence, and how Brei kissed her earlier today.

On how she kissed back.

On how she felt something she never felt from Dana.

Yet she can also remember how Dana looked when she let her emotions get the best of her and blurted things she shouldn't have said.