𝙰𝙲𝚃 Ⅰ • 𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙴 Ⅱ

"A soothsayer bids you beware the ides of March

"A soothsayer bids you beware the ides of March."

-Act 1, Scene 1. (Julius Caesar)

The morning after my encounter with the mysterious 'Clay', I was in the town square shopping for groceries.

As I was picking out some apples for my basket, I overheard two women whispering beside me in hurried tones.

"Did you hear, Gladys? The President is gathering up a band of mercenaries to hunt down the Blood God..." A young lady with corn-coloured hair held up by an ornate pin gossiped to her friend.

"Really?! The Blood God? I thought he was just a myth, Jeanne," the brunette next to her gasped, fanning her face dramatically.

"I thought so too! But Cheryl told me that her husband heard Vice-President Quackity speaking to Fundy about some Butcher Army..."

"Well, wouldn't they be going to see...him for information?"

"That's the thing, he's been leaving on all these journeys to the east without telling anyone."

"Well, that's certainly suspicious..."

Having had enough of these women's gossiping, I interjected to find out more.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I couldn't help eavesdropping on you ladies..." I spoke in a hushed voice as I came to stand nearer to the women, pretending to be a fellow busy-body looking for scandal.

"Goodness, love! You scared me half to death!" The woman - who I think was named Gladys - exclaimed when she jumped at my sudden intrusion.

"I'm very sorry to have frightened you, Ma'am. You see, I'm new to this area and I don't have much knowledge in the way of local history...would either of you be willing to fill me in on what you were just discussing?" I explained.

"The story is shrouded in a lot of mystery - you know governments, always keeping sensitive information under wraps," the blonde woman began, glancing around her cautiously before leaning closer to whisper in my ear. "Some people say that a mysterious warrior named the Blood God was a part of Pogtopia during the War and when he realised he'd been used as a weapon, he betrayed them and fled the country. No one has seen him since...although, there's speculation that one of his closest friends still lives here in New L'manberg today! Scary stuff if you ask me..."

I nodded solemnly and turned to the other woman, who was fidgeting with her hands and looking around anxiously.

"Do you know anything else about this...Blood God?" I asked.

"Not much more than what Jeanne told you...but I've heard that he was the one who gave President Tubbo his scar," she confessed.

Taking in all this new information, I stood for a moment to think.