𝙰𝙲𝚃 Ⅲ • 𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙴 Ⅲ

"When beggars die there are no comets seen: The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes

"When beggars die there are no comets seen: The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes."

- Act 2, Scene 2. (Julius Caeser)

TW/CW: Explicit language, mentions of death, fighting, blood and gore. 

The scream which ripped through my lungs pierced the air like a bullet, but it was nowhere near as loud as the sound which followed. Upon the anvil's impact, a noise which was similar to that of a million church bells being rung at once echoed and resounded in my ears.

My eyes widened in shock as where they expected to see blood and viscera spraying out violently from Technoblade, they only met a dazzling green and yellow light which shone brighter than the sun. The light hurt my eyes and made it so that all I could see was white.

While I blinked and squinted in a desperate attempt to restore my vision, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap themselves around my body and lift me upwards.

"I- What?" I asked groggily as my sight slowly came back to me.

I looked up and saw that I was being carried by Technoblade, who was now running away from the plaza and the Butcher army. His head seemed completely intact and without any signs of injury, even though I had seen the anvil fall on him.

Before I knew it, I was being placed carefully on the ground and ushered into what I assumed was a cave.

"Techno-" I started, turning to look at the pinkette who was peering around the corner discreetly to check if we'd been followed.

Luckily, it seemed as though the Butchers were just as rumbled as I was by whatever the fuck had just happened (as well as from being attacked by that guy before) and were still busy getting all their ducks in a row.

"Y/n, are you okay? Did Quackity hurt you at all?" Techno asked hurriedly, moving to hold my shoulders gently. His eyes were painted with worry as they scanned over me for any injuries.

"I'm fine, but what about you? You just died-"

The warrior sighed and took a step back to run a hand through his tangled hair.

"Good. That's good. I'm still upset that you came after me, but at least you're safe."

"Techno-" I tried again, hoping to not be cut off by the frantic man for the third time.

"Thank you...for picking the lock, by the way. It was pretty cool and I can't say I know how to do that..." he trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly and averting his eyes. "I probably could have made it out of there without you, but still, I'm thankful for your help and the fact that you even came to help--"