𝙰𝙲𝚃 Ⅲ • 𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙴 Ⅱ

"Judge me, you gods! Wrong I mine enemies? And, if not so, how should I wrong a brother?"

-Act 3, Scene 2. (Julius Caeser)

TW/CW: Explicit language, depiction of injury and yipee! It's Technoblade's execution B)

"FUCK!" I yelled out into the barren wasteland of endless, pure white snow. I received no reply. I was all alone.

Who I was yelling at, I had no idea.

Was it me? For being foolish and weak? Was it the Butcher Army? For their terse hostility and improperly-placed, selfish morals?

Or was it Techno? For not...

No. I couldn't blame him. He had nothing more he could have done in this situation. And he was right, I did just drag him down by being there. He probably would have won that fight and would still be here if it wasn't for my idiocy.

I pulled against the rope which restrained me, the skin of my wrists scratching painfully against the rough texture of the twine. Groaning in frustration, I threw my head back against the wooden beam behind me and screwed my eyes shut so that I could try and think of a way out of this.

I had a few feet of leeway that I could walk away from the post, but after that, the rope would tighten and likely start to draw blood. There was a utility knife in my front pocket, but unfortunately, my arms had been tied together at the middle of my back, making it impossible to reach the tool. Could I get one of the dogs to set me free? Maybe one of the foxes? No, I had no way to lure them over.

That left me with only one option left. It wasn't the option I wanted to take, but it was my last chance to escape and go after Techno.

I took a deep breath and began applying pressure to my right hand's thumb ligament. Closing my eyes tightly and exhaling I pressed down extra hard, earning a small 'pop!' from the joint and an excruciating amount of pain shooting through my hand.

Wincing and biting down on my lip to stop myself from crying, I gingerly removed my hand from the confines of the rope. I turned around so that I had better access to my still tied hand, and with my four working fingers, I fully released myself.

My wrists had ropeburn and were aching badly, but for now, I needed to address the issue which was my deformed and limp thumb.

I felt out where the bone had been popped out, swearing as my fingers brushed over the sore spot, then I wrapped my left hand tightly around my thumb. Once again, I took a deep breath and exhaled as I sharply pulled my thumb upwards and towards the rest of my fingers.

"Fucking hell..." I moaned, immediately dropping to my knees and scooping up some snow to place on the injured joint.

After a few minutes, the swelling had gone down a little bit and it wasn't hurting as much as it had been. Against all good medical advice I'd ever been taught, I stood up and brushed the snow from my hand before going into the cabin and found a roll of bandages to wrap and secure my injury in place.