𝙰𝙲𝚃 Ⅱ • 𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙴 Ⅳ

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power. And, to speak truth of Caesar, I have not known when his affections swayed more than his reason."

-Act 2, Scene 1. (Julius Caeser)

The weeks went by and my lessons with Technoblade dragged onwards. I learned a lot about boxing, but hardly any information about my teacher. It was becoming a tiresome chore, but I persisted in knowing that the greatest of accolades are brought forth through trials of fire.

"What's your story?" He asked one day while we were preparing lunch.

I laughed, finished cutting up the vegetables, and turned to my companion.

"That's a sudden question - and I'm sure you answering it would create a far more interesting conversation than me."

"Not happening," he stated firmly.

Well, at least I tried.

I decided to humour the warrior's request and tell part of my tale.

"Like I said, it's not the most interesting of stories. I'm just a simple traveller. A seeker of knowledge and truth. I thirst for adventure and go where the road takes me..."

Technoblade nodded understandingly.

"I can see that. You're young, but you have experience and knowledge that portends an extensive past."

"I could say the same of you. I believe you're only a few years older than me, but you're more skilled with weaponry than all the masters I've acquainted myself with."

"I've been training since I could walk, so that's only fair," he mumbled shyly.

"And how old would that make you now?"

Silence. And then a quiet answer.

"...26."

"See? You're by far the youngest of any swordsman I've come across!" I proclaimed, placing my hands on my hips proudly.

"If you're only a few years younger than me, then how old are you?"

"22," I replied plainly.

"How many years have you been travelling alone?"

"...At least a decade."

He must have noticed how reluctant I was to talk about my past because he dropped the conversation there and didn't ask me any more questions for the rest of the day.

The day after that awkward yet enlightening conversation, Technoblade requested that I travel to a nearby village (located in a roofed forest a bit south of the snowy plains) to fetch some clothing and more artisanal goods. I was perfectly fine with taking on the shopping quest - it was a good excuse for me to get some freedom from the house and my demanding training regime.