Chapter 7: The White Labyrinth

The group is not doing well in this weather. The longer they are stuck there, the thicker the fog gets, blurring their vision. The only light source they had was Jeongin's fire, which wasn't enough. His power isn't fully developed yet.

Felix and Jisung help Jeongin with their powers and it did work for a while, but the longer they use their power, they will experience some side effects.

Jisung keeps striking lightning in every direction, but when he wants to strike another lightning, his head suddenly aches and it gets worse in seconds. It felt like lightning striking in his head many times.

Jisung holds his head in pain trying to quiet down his whimpers, but the pain keeps on going and it made his friends worried. Chan runs towards Jisung and catches him before he could collapse, "Jisung, hang in there," Chan helps Jisung to walk, "we're going to find a way back as soon as possible," he lifts Jisung onto his back so he could carry him.

"It hurts... It hurts so much," Jisung said, his voice getting weaker, "I know Jisung, please hang in there. We're gonna go back to the car now," Chan could feel Jisung wrapping his arms tighter around his neck.

Felix and Jeongin pushed their powers to their maximum ability which result in an orb of light as big as Felix's head and it leads them through the thick fog. Jeongin's fire not only helps Felix's light orb but also gives them warmth in the cold foggy weather.

Suddenly Chan heard that Jisung's breathing becomes more and more father as if he's having trouble breathing, "Hyung, I can't breathe," this is getting worse than what Chan thought. Jisung's power drained all of his energy like a battery with all of its chemicals sucked dry and only left a metal with dangerous liquid waste.

"We're almost there, hold on Jisung," Chan told Jisung before the boy passed out of fatigue.

Meanwhile...
"Where are they?" Minho walks aimlessly through the fog and he felt something is wrong.

He felt a stinging emotion in him as if he could feel one of his friends is in danger, "I must clear this fog and find them!" He said to himself.

Minho looked to his hands and sparks of green-colored magic lights up covered his hand. He prepared his stance and gather enough energy to use his powers.

"Let's dance wind!"

He stepped and swung his arms, creating a strong gust of wind that blows away some of the fog.

Minho starts to dance while creating more stronger wind to clear up the fog, but with the more energy he spent on using his powers, he then soon feels his head spinning like crazy and his body felt unwell as if he hasn't eaten in days. His visions became so blurry that he couldn't dance anymore.

He switched his method from dancing to normal. The switching of fighting methods makes his side effects controllable, but it was not as effective as when he danced while using his powers. There is a reason why the metaphor "Dance with Wind" links with his power, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Path after path, he cleared every single one of it until after a lot of effort has been poured into saving his friends, he saw a silhouette from afar, "guys?" his movements becomes faster than before, happy that he saw a silhouette of another person.

"Wait for me, guys! I'm coming!" He cleared the fog around and with a spin, he blows away the fog surrounding the area. Then he runs towards the silhouette with a smile on his face, "guys! I'm here!" Minho shouts, but his smile soon faded when he saw that the person in front of him aren't his friend, but none other than the same wicked sorcerer he and his friends encounter to reach the scrolls they needed.